A theory to "solve" the Lore

This is a pretty clickbaity title, but I actually can’t think of anything else.
Put on your tinfoil hats, boys n girls, I’m dropping another “theory” based on no evidence but rather just random ideas off the top of my head!

So, the people of Pixel Worlds have been hunting for lore clues for probably years by this point. Many strange things have been found, the ADE world, the shards and milk in the nether, the monolith props, and a lot more, and yet, no one really knows what any of these things do, despite being able to find them.
Some might insist that they have a use for future updates, others thing there’s some obscure things you have to do in order to even use them, but the main point is, there’s a lot of things still left undiscovered.

I’d like to talk a moment about Minecraft. It’s a game we all know, or at least heard of. It’s about building with blocks, and surviving the world; a similar genre to Pixel Worlds.
So what’s Minecraft have to do with this? It’s own lore. See, people have also been theorizing about Minecraft lore for a long time now, but not everyone can really agree on the evidence they find, or whether that evidence is actually evidence of lore to begin with. That’s when a new concept arose in the Minecraft community known as “Quasi-lore”.
A quasi-lore is essentially the developers implementing things into the game to hint at various parts of possible lore, but intentionally leaving many things vague so that the players themselves can come up with ideas of their own.
Essentially, the players invent the lore themselves based around what evidence they do find.

What if Pixel Worlds is going through a similar path? What if the developers are dropping hints and items here and there as part of a quasi-lore? We as the players would have the duty to find these things and use them how we see fit. Maybe everyone was overthinking things and were all looking for a solid lore of Pixel Worlds, but what if… We’re the ones who make the lore?

What if what we’re supposed to do is use the evidence the developers give us to invent our own stories? What if we’re meant to be creative in our endeavors and talk about vast and crazy ideas about the lore of Pixel Worlds itself? We could use the evidence to construct a great story that the community could agree on, and hey, maybe the developers themselves might like that enough to make it “official”. It’d be the ultimate way to involve the players in the development of the game, if it were up to us to invent the world of Pixel Worlds itself, and create a great lore that outshines any other.

Or alternatively, milk is the god of creation who forged the universe of Pixel Worlds and all of us are milkchildren.

3 Likes

This is quite an interesting theory. However, why is the lore so specific in PW though? There’s quite a lot of stuff to unpack for the lore being something the community thinks up.

The opening sequence has a ton of stuff related to the lore, and there already are 2 dedicated worlds & a lot of items that are consumable - I am pretty sure that they would have been just decorations if we were meant to invent our own lore around them.

Minecraft has only a small handful of items or locations which hint towards a possible lore, and every single item in MC has a known use.

Interesting theory.

Also do you think that Milk will be lore related forever?
Don’t they plan on releasing a Farming update with Cows which give us Milk?
I have heard Jake saying that they are planning to make a Farming update in the future.

Proof?

This is just what he thinks can be true

1 Like