Competitive CardGames

Ok so this might sound a little bit weird but what would happen if this game had a competitive card league? No one has tried this before but it might work. This is how it works.

Ranks
Premium - Division 1
Invite - Division 2
Open - Division 3
Freshmeat - Division 4
People get to choose their own rank so they can really feel when it’s time to move up to battle tougher opponents or stay on their own rank because they aren’t ready yet.

PUGS (Pickup Games)
There’s a section called PUGS (pickup games) where people can play unorganized card games with or without stakes as a form of practice games.

Tournaments
We will use the website called https://challonge.com/ to make the brackets

In tournaments people in Div3-4 who wants to play get to play for free but people in high divisions like 1 and 2 have to be selected carefully by the hosters/administrators to give everyone a fun and challenging game.

The tournament will usually be 16 players and we’ll use a normal tournament bracket but for those divisions 1-2 the player count will be 8 and the last 4 players will have a chance to participate in the playoffs where it’s gonna be 4 players battling each other and try to have the most wins as possible.

There are usually 3 tournaments per season and a normal season lasts for 20 days before another season begins.

Official matches
Before the matches, the players who are gonna fight for day 1 get to decide when and what time of the day do you want to battle but if he didn’t respond then it will be declared as a forfeit and the other player wins automatically.

During the pre-game, both players must choose 2 cards that they want to ban and make a deck within 5 minutes, if the player didn’t manage to make a deck within 5 minutes and it will be declared as a forfeit.

After the match, both people will send a screenshot of whoever won the game.

The 1st-3rd players who participated get the prize while the others just get a participation award.

Play-Offs
The playoffs only exist in div1-2 and the 4 players who managed to get in the 1-4th place get to enter the playoffs.

The playoffs game is gonna be streamed by the admins and hosts and there are 2 people who are gonna commentate on the games and what are both players’ strategies and techniques.

End
This would be a really fun thing and I hope soon I can probably try to make this competitive league when there are many players in pixelworlds.

1 Like

Day 69 reminding me that the developers aren’t accepting good community ideas for some reason.

1 Like

the truth hurts but we have to face it

And how do you think admins gonna spectate the match of two other players playing?? It requires them to do a lot of programing.
z

I’m not talking about the actual admins but I’m talking about the league admin because pixelworlds won’t make a competitive card league anyways. The card players are gonna stream their game