Electrical problem was just not bug

NOR Gate is bugged - if there is row of NOR Gates.
14, 8, 4 , 2 and 1.
Proximity sensors to inform player is in area.
NOR gates wont work as in details information writen.

I am sorry, but I am having a tremendously hard time trying to understand what you are trying to get across.

Is it just Proximity Sensors not working or also other triggers?

What do you mean by row? Daisy chaining a certain amount of NOR Gates?

What do you mean by 14, 8, 2 and 1? X coordinates (or Y coordinates, but you said row, not column)?

What do you mean by “wont work”? A different output than you expect? The output being stuck in one state? The output only “updating” once you connect it to another output/re-wire the output?

Maybe you could add an image, or better video, of the bug happening to help explain it. If you think this is more of a language barrier (assuming English isn’t your first language), maybe you could ask someone to translate your point into clearer English.

i have 27 Proximity sensors covering 80 blocks breaking area (public) . what closes Door when u enter .
Solved issue with OR gates + 1 NOT Gate.
It doesn’t fix NOR gate to work correct but shows bug with it more clear.
27 Proximity Sensors are connected to 13 NOR gates at first
13 NOR gates + 1 Proximity sensor is connected to 8 NOR gates.
8 NOR gates to 4 NOR , 4 NOR gates to 2 NOR and 1 in end.
Feel free to test in work in world Team_Nether

Were you, by any chance, using only NOR Gates before? Because that is not the same as adding a NOT Gate at the end of OR Gates. Only the last OR Gate should be replaced with a NOR Gate (to achieve the same functionality of only ORs + NOT at the end).

I think this is not a bug, but a misunderstanding of how NOR Gates work.

Well its whole world :smiley:

And what did it look like with NOR Gates? Did all the OR Gates use to be NOR Gates? Or was only the last OR Gate combined with the NOT Gate what used to be a NOR Gate?

Its not bug … just my thinking failure.
You are right.

1 Like

Here is an explaination for anybody who is reading this in the future:

Basically, purely using NOR Gates does not achieve the same thing as making the whole thing out of OR Gates and inverting the output, since by purely using NOR Gates, you do not just invert the output at the end, but every single output in between as well.

The following pictures show 3 circuits, which portray scaled down versions of the circuits at hand.
The left one is what Talek used to use (which didn’t produce his desired result).
The right one is what he is using now (which does produce his desired result).
The middle one simply is a small optimization of the right one, yielding the exact same result. Since the definition of a NOR Gate basically is being an OR with an inverted output (OR + NOT Gate), the OR plus the NOT Gate can simply be replaced with a NOR Gate.

Here’s what the circuits output for some lever combinations:

As you can see, the circuit on the left does not do the same thing as the circuit on the right (or in the middle), as Talek originally believed. While for some combinations the output at the end is the same across the circuits, simply looking at the outputs “in between”, shows that the circuits do not work the same way. That’s also why the outputs at the end differ for some combinations.

I hope I was able to help anybody get a better understand of what the problem was.

Whups mistell (NOR gate truly turns signal so it cannot be fowarded)

me trying to understand what’s going on without learning logic gates

2 Likes

you understanding everything because of my fantastic explanation
Gigachad

5 Likes

In simple i made failure with Norgates fowarding false result each time it would have worked if all sensors could be connected to series of detectors and have 1 switch to give result.
Incase u want insult me do so, i do a whole lot in IRL, im just human and i make mistakes.

• misstell - had to check even dictionary for it Paralel was meaning to write instead Series

Yes, that’s what he explained.

But you can’t do it with nor gates.

1 Like

Gargoyle after making a functional computer in pw on which you can play pw

1 Like

Good luck on that several stuff has memory issue.

That’s possible btw.