Fishing Guide | Part 1 | How to Choose Your Profession (by Mindaw)

In this guide, You will learn on how to choose your profession. Choosing a profession in Pixel Worlds is crucial because You will know what to focus on in the game. Of course, you can change your profession later on.
Hello Everyone, I am Mindaw. I hope I can help to clear any confusion you have about fishing, and I hope by the end of my Fishing Guide, you can be a knowledgeable fisher.
I can guarantee that the information I gave you is community-approved. (many players agree with the information, not all). :pray:
There are 5 professions in the game =

• Farmer
  • Netherworld Fighters
  • Fisher
  • Miner
  • Trader

Currently, I am a Fisher but I might switch to Miner or Trader later. Why? Iā€™ll explain in the guide below.

Fishing vs Farming
Farming is the best way to get profit as a beginner. You can farm lava seeds and sell them, after you get a wl, you can start farming spike bombs until you can afford to buy the desired rod ( recommended: Minimum Bamboo/Fiberglass Flawless ). Farming is considered the most boring profession.
Fishing is not recommended for beginners because You need to at least have these. ( Pro Fisher Hat & Pro Fisher Suit ). But, you can still get profit from fishing without those gears.
Farming = 7/10 Effort, 2/10 Difficulty
Fishing = 2/10 Effort, 3/10 Difficulty
Fishing vs Netherworld Fighters
From what many Players said, Netherworld would give you less profit than fishing but more fun and challenging.
However, If you do not like fighting monsters and you are a noob fighter like me who died every time. Entering Netherword is not recommended at all.
Netherworld = 7/10 Effort, 9/10 Difficulty ( depends on skill )
Fishing vs Mining
Fishing, Mining, and Trading are the three most popular professions in Pixel Worlds.
There are opposing arguments between Fisher and Miner about which one is better. After looking at forums and asking a bunch of strangers and my in-game friends. I have come to the conclusion that choosing between these two depends on your situation and capabilities.
Mining requires screen time and more effort, it is also more difficult than fishing. Fishing, on the other hand, requires less screen time with less effort, it is not as difficult as mining. If you donā€™t have that much time in a day and prefer playing Pixel Worlds while doing other things, I would recommend fishing because you can multitask while fish. If you have much time in a day to dedicate to Pixel Worlds, I would recommend mining because you can get a bigger profit than fishing.
You need to buy gears that are more expensive than fishing gears because Mining is more difficult.
Fishing can get you 37wls/day ( can more )= assuming Fish Gems price is 2700/wl
Mining can get you 1pl/day ( can more ) = assuming Mine Gems price is 2700/wl
The difficulty to multitask with fishing depends on which fish you are targeting and which lure you are using. More information on this in later posts.
Mining = 8/10 Effort, 6/10 Difficulty
Fishing vs Trading
To be honest, Trading gives you the most profit compared to other professions. But, many people switch from Trading to other professions because of these reasons.

1. Trading takes a lot of time and it is boring ( Buying cheap and selling high would take a lot of time)
  2. Trading requires effort and screen time. ( You need to look for a seller who sells cheap, and a buyer who buys expensive. )
  3. Trading is dependent on luck and timing. ( Who trades first, gets the deal. Also, you might miss an opportunity by being offline. )
    When you see rich people in Pixel Worlds, they are most likely a trader.
    Trading = 7/10 Effort, 4/10 Difficulty

Thatā€™s all for Part 1, hope I can help you with choosing your profession in the game. :fire:
If you find my guide a bit confusing, you can ask your questions below! :pray:
I am sorry for any mistake, If you have a different argument, please tell me. :ok_hand:
I also accept suggestions about what topic I should cover. :heart:
Thank You!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Took me an hour to make, hope you enjoy my guide. :grin:

Is my guide understandable?

Yeah your guide is fine but when you say

How many hours is it when you say dayā€¦

Also trading is more like 7\10 effort

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Iā€™ll change immediately.

didnā€™t really count, maybe 7-8 hours. :+1:

2 Likes

I agree, I used to get alot of wls because of mining before I moved on to Fishing permanently. Those were the daysā€¦

Thanks for these infos, I might move on making soil farms but Iā€™m still thinking either if theyā€™re profitable or not. Ppl said theyā€™re 3-5wls each.

2 Likes

Yes, mining is very profitable but requires more activity. I like fishing more, but maybe one day I will try mining and trading.

Personally, I would rather fishing than making soil farms. Because breaking blocks require more screen time and activity.

Mass Producer and hoarder where :thinking:

Auto farms exist though

Iā€™m glad someone actually understands that.

Also this is a great guide. I agree with most points.

1 Like

What are the effort and difficulty ratings based on?

Nearly everything is easy and low-effort if you do it enough.

1 Like

Forgot to add, but letā€™s just consider Mass Producer as farmer and Hoarder as trader.

Mass Producing vs Farming Spikebombs

ā€˜Farming spikebombsā€™ is easier because you just have to do the same routine.

Mass producing might give you better or less profit ( depends on price {price can be manipulated and I lost profit because everyone followed the manipulation} ). Mass production requires a solid plan before starting.

Hoarding vs Trading

Almost the same, hoarding is investing in limited items that will rise and Trading is to buy cheap and sell high.

Both are profitable in my opinion, Rich traders are usually hoarders as wellā€¦

What commanderder said is true, Auto farms exist and if you break spike bombs in an auto farm, It is the best way to boost XP than any profession. You need to have ā€œSub-Aquaticā€ which you can get once you reach level 55. If you donā€™t have the perk, you need to invest more World Locks by buying metal trapdoors instead of water. I still recommend fishing if you have enough World Locks, but still, auto farms are a great way to boost XP while doing something else.

Thank You for your comment! :heart:

2 Likes

The effort and difficulty ratings are based on the average of 20 peopleā€™s opinion. :+1:

Not true.
Difficulty = maybe yes
Effort = maybe no
:heart:

Itā€™s 8 hours as I know it when I was miner. It took me 8hrs with silver keys and maybe 5 hours with gold or more. Also most of the points are true and the guide is good.

1 Like

Thank you for answering his question, and Thank you once again for the compliment.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For anyone still wondering how to make the best fishing profit this video is quite interesting. https://youtu.be/q5oTQAb8gng

1 Like

I agree with all She said in the video, We both have the same opinion. Thanks for Sharing @Orangehairguy .
:heart:

1 Like