I quit (maybe a forum rant)

Labelling something as a bonus doesn’t exactly excuse it though. By the same logic, in FIFA, or many other games with loot boxes, they could give the player a variation in name colour, and maybe even give them access to a separate game-mode for purchasing currency that can buy loot boxes, and then rename said loot boxes to ‘bonus boxes’. By the same logic, they’re then already getting 100% of the package, although the main motive for many buying the currency, would be so they could spend it on loot boxes. The image below is a screenshot taken directly from the store in-game. While it does say “free”, I believe it means free, within the context that you’ve purchased V.I.P, and don’t have to do anything further to roll the daily bonus. If it wasn’t one of the main selling points, surely the other features would be brought up before, right?

That’s true, it’s far from the most accurate article, I should’ve picked a better one.

To do so though, you have to ignore the chance that others are also gambling to obtain these V.I.P daily bonus prizes. It’s just a cycle of yes and no, so it mostly comes down to what you believe is more likely here.

I would say given the correct situation, it may well be used as a legal defense. As I have pointed above, FIFA and most other games that were subject to this penalty were directly selling access to roll a dice to the user, whereas with VIP plan in Pixel Worlds, it can be arguably considered a bonus. A reward of appreciation given by the developer as a thank for supporting what they are doing and contributing financially.

As for your screenshot, I can’t argue that it suggest the other way around. Was it because that the developer didn’t think it would potentially given birth to a problem in the future? It could be. It’ll be an easy fix if they change the sentence that imply they’re being thankful, and to express their gratitude, “we will allow you to roll this prize wheel once every day, and that this opportunity is in no way a form of gamble since this is purely bonus from us.” If they do take this route, if this whole thing were to be brought as a case, the fastest way is to disable EU players from gaining access to prize wheel since this law will be subject based on the region instead of world wide.

Granted, as long as that’s written that way in the plan description, I doubt they will be able to use what I said as a defense should this be brought into the court.

Finally, once again, I am not a legal advice. Take everything I said with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Illegal traders are dying of laughter

1 Like

I was and am aware of that, which is why I included this part right here:

unless it somehow does which hints on the game terms violation by said individual.

@fyn they could use an alt account for the vip prize

To be fair, I do think that the fragments should’ve been untradeable. As you said, if it’s tradeable, then it’s going to be basically worthless. Sure, people like The_Governor would not sell the fragments, but not everyone is like him.

There are a majority of people who think that this game is all about profiting, thus would sell the fragments at a higher price at any given chance.

It really is disappointing to see the rift researchers get “sabotaged” by greedy fragment farmers. Everyone wanted a chance, yet I did not imagined it to be like… this. I mean, if you were to make it rare, why not make it untradeable? That way, it would make it feel… special…

Just goes to show how greed ruins everyone’s experience. Thank a lot, bastards!

I do hope that you quitting this game might bring a positive change to you. One that might make your future, better. May you be safe throughout this situation…

1 Like

That’s the reason I succumbed to buying the fragments for 15 wls each, after people have been trying to sell them for 25-100 wls for months despite it being a useless item. didn’t even want to try focusing on rift anymore because everyone who had them wanted to sell them for a fortune… Only to see they dropped to 5 wls right after

I love it how he said Admins ruined the Lore…by progressing the Lore the way it had always intended to be…

I don’t know who you are and this is a very long thread so I will not be reading this. Thanks for sharing.

Just wait until you’ve played Growtopia.

1 Like