Lets make the community a safe place. - wabby

Hi, how are all of you? I haven’t been onto Pixel Worlds as often as I used to a year or so ago. Well… why you ask? Sometimes I think that many people (Not naming anyone out, too many to even anyway) are overreactive/ immature over the smallest things. An example of such is, sure, Growtopia may have been a “rival” to Pixel Worlds, a reason to move to Pixel Worlds due to toxicity. Despite that, that doesn’t mean players should slander other players whom want to try out Growtopia, I have once seen someone global messaging about wanting to try Growtopia as he was pretty bored of Pixel Worlds due to doing things repetitively etc. A whole chain of death threats and hate global messages was then spammed in the chat towards him. Whats my opinion on this? Well, if you are to call Growtopia toxic in that way, you are honestly contradicting yourself as you are the one being toxic towards someone who just wants to try another similar game out. So what is my point of this topic? Well, we all are humans aren’t we? Don’t be afraid of standing up for others whom are getting bullied but do keep in mind to refrain using profanity and slurs. In another perspective, if you have nothing nice to say, just simply keep quiet and keep things to yourself. Together if we do so, the community can be a safer place to be in unlike times like this currently, but eventually, things will get better. I don’t think so, I know so if we do as such. Thank you for reading this!

• wabby
16 Likes

I also hope for this community to achieve peace and to have a safe environment for everyone.

3 Likes

Good thread detected, opinion accepted + gigachad wabby

F5ADF208-9BCB-4678-8F19-D576B8651478

11 Likes

Yeah, I agree. People who purposely make these pessimistic statements about game being dead are just annoying, because they spam it everywhere and yet they don’t leave the game and keep saying such things everywhere.

also I agree that people shouldn’t say everything that comes to their mind and be quiet. Also consider thinking before making any statements, which sadly very few here on forums actually do.

6 Likes

I am neutral with people calling the game dead. But I am not with them when they use it against others and start controversy with it. It’s okay to joke about it once in a while but using it to harass each other is not fine. I have seen such situations occurring not too long ago such as players attacking the game as there are currently little to no developers working much on it. While others were having conflicts about it as they have faith that new developers will come. I myself do not have a stand for this but I do not condone as such happening. It’s rather sad to see a childhood comfort game of mine getting crumbled like this. Hopefully new developers will come and this situation would be resolved. Other than that, I hope everyone stays safe and take care.

6 Likes

Hey everyone again, hope you’re doing well. I have been thinking… what may have led to such issues? Well, my opinion is mainly on people holding grudges towards certain things and are unable to let go of such which also shows a poor management of anger. I have seen multiple cases of such, people using slurs towards others for talking about a certain topic in a neutral way is one of the many examples I seen. Why do I bring this up you ask? I know, I may not be able to understand why people have certain grudges towards certain things, but one thing I know is that its best to let go of it no matter how tough it is. Holding a grudge won’t do you any good but will harm yourself more. If you know that you have anger issues in a way or so, my only advise is to log off and have some alone time to calm down. Be the better person instead and not be a keyboard warrior. This applies to everyone, think before you speak before you mess things up irreversibly and regret it but its too late. I believe that everything can be solved without using any violence. I hope you take my words to consideration. Take care and stay safe.

4 Likes

Tl;dr?..

For sure, no one should bully anyone. If anyone is doing any of those things, be sure to report it so myself or any other moderator can handle it.

3 Likes

About reaching out to moderators for such, I’d think its best to ask why the person is bullying you first, there is always a reason why people do things. If the person does not want to cooperate and continue to insult you etc, yea that is when a moderator should step in and warn/ ban the player. Best tip is to just stay neutral and calm in the conversation, retaliating will just lead to the both of you being in the same level. Sadly, it is not as easy to reach out to moderators if they do not have discord or any added which is why there are many victims to bullying/ harassment with unwarned/ unbanned bullies. So what I’d say is to stay strong and not let others’ words affect you, it is tough to have this mindset but eventually you will have it and realize how others’ words don’t matter. Stay strong and take care everyone!

4 Likes

tbh growtopia isnt toxic and bad like people say, if u actually play it most of the players u meet are nice and polite no matter if u are new or old.
ive been playing for few days now (on my old acc) because i have a couple of friends from pw there and i wanna get a really cool item, and so far i havent met a single toxic player in game

1 Like

Yea! I agree with you. I have returned to Growtopia for a bit to check out whats it like there and honestly, people have just been nice to me and I met a new friend. Afterall, its wrong to group people as “toxic” for just playing a game. We all are humans afterall, we choose how we want to be and not let some game be who we are (although Pixel Worlds have impacted me a lot due to all the great friends I met…<33, doesn’t mean that my attitude is based off that.) My point here is that no one should be labeled as toxic immediately for just playing a game. Instead, people should get to know others well before making horrendous assumptions of them straight away. Anyway I hope everyone stays safe on the internet and meet great people like I had. Stay safe and take care!

1 Like

Hi again, how is everyone doing?
I have thought of some simple tips to make things better and I’ll bullet point them for you.

• Be more open minded (You gotta accept the fact that you’re wrong sometimes and others’ methods may be more efficient and faster.)
  • Refrain from using profanity and slurs (Saying those won’t make you look any better / higher in power. Its uncool too)
  • Keep quiet if you simply have nothing nice to say (What is even the point of being mean to someone when the result you get is nothing positive but conflicts and controversies.)
  • Mute people who make you uncomfortable/ are mean to you etc etc. (The mute function is there for a reason, don’t like someone? Mute.)
  • If you’re angry and want to lash out, don’t. Just put your device down and cool down. (Lashing out may make you say things that you’ll regret saying towards someone, you may also hurt their feelings unintentionally.)

I hope these little tips help! Stay safe and take care.

2 Likes

This is why I hate generalisation and when people get dropped into one bag.

2 Likes

I have remembered solving a scam case and one of the party’s said that a certain someone scammed for sure because he/she came from Growtopia. Thats when I dropped the case as no one wanted to provide actual evidences to me. My point is, stop sending hatred towards people just because they played Growtopia, I myself came from Growtopia and still play it sometimes but I don’t see me scamming or being toxic? Anyway remember to drink water and take care.

Anyone can play any game they want. Good and bad criticism can be made about the game, but no one can curse or spoil anyone’s respect. Everyone has to respect everyone. Remember, there will always be people who disparage you and criticize your decisions. The important thing is to know yourself. I’m sure if you report it to the authorities, it will be done.

1 Like