[RELEASED] 📷➡️🖼️Image to Pixelworlds Art Converter

Pixelworlds Imager

By Parmashawn

Information

Pixelworlds Imager is a tool for converting images to pixelworlds block art. It is free to use and you can use it as a guide for creating pixel art in-game.

Walkthrough

The program is very simple and self explanatory.

Use the “select image” button to find an image. Default is a duck.

In the blocks tab you can select which blocks you want to include in the output.

Press Convert and the converted image will be displayed. Press save to save the image

The Output tab shows the list of blocks.

Download

I couldn’t find a great free file hoster because of the size of the download was just a little above limitations.
However for now you can click here to download Pixelworlds Imager.
let me know if this works :+1:
make sure to tag me in the Arts you post so that I can see what you guys create!

38 Likes

thats super cool, good job

5 Likes

very epic, good job •

5 Likes

The program handled some of those images really well, nice job.

5 Likes

Some of the building requirements are kinda random. Possibility of a colour-o-mat item version? Probably wouldn’t use this program myself, but I’m sure other world creators would prefer it like that.

8 Likes

I have been waiting for this kind of program for months, big respect

4 Likes

Does this mean that it currently doesn’t get saved or that it saves the output as a .pwt (Pixel Worlds Tools) file?

4 Likes

no it currently does save it as an image, i just wanted to clarify that it would save it as an image file.

I am definitely going to have this as an option in the program, so that the player can pre-set it to only color-o-mat blocks, just backgrounds, just solid blocks, or exclude any block individually

I will have a GitHub project and a download link to the program available when its finished.

3 Likes

Nice idea! This might be a hard thing to do but…can you consider porting your program to macOS? If that’s not possible, can it be a browser version?

3 Likes

Epic, now I can convert my drawings to pixels :exploding_head:
Good work developer shawn

3 Likes

Very Epic! Can’t wait to test the program. :clap:

3 Likes

Yes, I will most likely be porting this to mac, windows and linux.
I’m not porting it to android or Ios because of the cost

4 Likes

very good, hope you have a service involving this in the future!

3 Likes

This is a good idea overall, but as Byrne said, it would be better if the colors are from the color-o-mat, considering some blocks may be expensive as hell.

Anyways, your project sounds interesting, and I might want to test it out, in case I’ve got some pixel art ideas.

6 Likes

What programming language are you using, Shawn?

3 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to it.

3 Likes

All made in Python 3.
When I’m finished then I will have a github repository which you can use to see the code for the program :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I forgot to ask some questions, but will it released on the website you made for f-m gems Or is separated? And when will this released? I’m excited to try it out. :partying_face:

3 Likes

I literally need this right now

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not going to be a website, it’s going to be a program like PWtools which you have to download and run on your PC or Mac.

4 Likes