Remove recycler event

This has needed to be said for a long time. It is literally destroying the economy. Everything doubles in price after the event because tens (or hundreds?) of millions of bytes are shoved into the economy in the span of days.

It keeps being nerfed, players keep finding ways to exploit it, the economy keeps plummeting. PWE and the byte shop arent even handling a fraction of the damage recycler event causes. We cannot handle the inflation.

Please make it stop. It doesn’t matter if you made 300k off of 100k in just a few hours. EVERYONE is making that during the event. That extra 300k doesn’t mean a thing when every single item doubles in price. You need to look at the larger picture. You’re not really profiting if everything is skyrocketing in price. The value of bytes just drop.

Please, for the future of the game, kill it with fire. It needs to go.

11 Likes

This

1 Like

This

1 Like

Mm not really, the profit is over exaggerated.
The only thing that will inflate are the already expensive items since the f/m gems market will always be stable.

Even then it’s not the event causing inflation it’s the people promoting the 3k byte profit after 2 days of pressing the same button over and over again. Basically just mongering, the same thing can be done with any other event wether or not it’s profitable

1 Like

I disagree. The “profit margin” during event is huge. But since it’s so easy for everyone to do, everyone is doing it lol. And since everyone is profiting basically the same, nobody is actually profiting much. It’s gotten exponentially worse this last recycler event, as many popular YouTubers made videos on it.

I honestly don’t even know what you’re talking about. It is most definitely the event itself, not the players over exaggerating how many bytes they got. It’s proven to be just that “profitable”. It isn’t possible with other events, or it would already be being done with other events. The devs have been nerfing recycler event since it was released because it’s not like the other events. And players keep finding ways to abuse it.

Events are supposed to offer a chance to make a small extra profit during them, but recycler event was not planned for enough and if it’s to be properly nerfed, the value of almost every item will have to be reevaluated. And the same for all future items. It would be necessary to consider recycler event and if it can be abused for almost everything that’s added.

Recycler event is a disaster. The economy is a disaster. Both these things could be solved with the outright removal of the event entirely. We’ve been trying for a long time to make it work and it just isn’t.

1 Like

It’s more of a “I want to believe this” than a factual statement. I’ve played Growtopia and pixel worlds since launch I definitely know how the marketplace works. What you’re seeing here is likely due to the lack of items the game has the same items are being made over and over again. This makes the items prices drop, but everybody wants to feel special so in turn the “rare” items get more expensive. It has nothing to do with too many bytes being in the game or an event

A 500k price increase within 5 days is not normal. Do you understand the concept of inflation and what it does to an economy? Are you sure you know how marketplaces work?

You’re acting like you’re a professional trader or something but the things you’re telling me aren’t making sense. Prices are definitely reflective on the amount of bytes in the economy. This is common sense. If there are 1,000,000 bytes in the economy, things are cheaper because bytes hold more value. If there are 10,000,000 bytes in the economy, everything will rise in price to match it.

Respectfully, it kinda sounds like you’re just spitballing.

Edit: Not trying to come across as rude, but rereading this it does sound a tad harsh. I hope you don’t take it that way.

2 Likes

A 500k byte increase is very normal for an already expensive item, even in real life with our currency, it’s not as simple as you make it out to be as x+b=c there are many more variables to it than just more money = more expensive for example player count, the item itself, events etc. we see this in real life with collectibles and luxury cars.

You’re making it seem as if milk went from $1 to $100 in the span of 5 days. That’s not reasonable, but a 3 Million dollar car increasing by 2 million in the span of 5 days is practically normal especially if it’s a collectible or limited quantity

But it’s not though. Limited items rise, but they don’t all increase exponentially at the same time. This only happens because of inflation. Yes, there are obviously other variables at play. But these variables are almost always in play. Prices have pretty much always followed a set list of rules, only drastically changing because of hoarding or other unprecedented things.

The question is not “does recycler event harm the economy?” Because it does. This is not debatable. It is fact. I know you just recently returned to the community, but this has been a trend after every recycler event. It is no longer “does it happen?” it is “how do we fix it?”

2 Likes

Wether the event makes someone profit or not does not matter it doesn’t inflate anything.

I can make it even simpler for you, there have been no events or updates in quite a while, please name one item that has risen in price due to inflation and not because of it being unobtainable anymore. Because as far as I know, everything has been decreasing in price because of the amount of it there is, the only things rising are things that will make you more profit.

One example, Dark ifrit mask was like 1.5m bytes a few weeks ago now its around 2.3m. Now I know what you are gonna say, "well Dark ifrit mask is a limited item’,
and yes, yes it is indeed, but does that seem reasonable to you?

It’s not just limited items. It’s everything. Wings of the deep rose from 750k to 1.5 million immediately following recycler event. The price doubled. Even though logically it should only be dropping in price since it’s always obtainable and the amount in game is always increasing. Please tell me how such a thing happens, if not inflation. And why it coincidentally happened to everything at the same time right after recycler event.

Maybe because it’s the recycler event. Lol.

1 Like

Black market.

An easy way to check for inflation is the pixel worlds black market. The items may have increase in price but the value has stayed the same. (value and price are completely different btw)

An example would be gt dls have gone from $4 each to .50 cents each

Whilst pixel worlds byte/ platinum locks have stayed the exact same, hence no inflation, again what you’re seeing is mongering/ hoarding and has nothing to do with an event

Also not true. The black market cost of bytes has also decreased exponentially. As a buyer, you get significantly more bytes per dollar than you did 9 months ago. Because they’re worth less. Because they’re inflated.

1 Like

The price is 50k for roughly 2.50 if we convert byte to locks thats 228 wls

The price after the black market settled was $3-4 each depending on the seller, the $4 difference is not due to inflation but due to the low player count. You can tell because the price aligns with the player count on steam

Mmm, these are not the prices I have recorded but I’d like to not delve too far into this subject.

The black market is also a huge direct cause of these drastic price changes, but the black market is not a direct feature the devs implemented. Recycler event is. Easy solution to a detrimental problem and I’d be willing to wager majority of players that aren’t just worried about personal gain would agree.

Both need to be handled, but this problem has a much simpler solution. Just discontinue the event.

1 Like

But the event has no correlation to inflation? And don’t you already have to be rich to be able to profit with this event?

I have seen prices rise during the event, and specifically after it starts, not before or after it.

Let me explain this in much simpler terms.
Recycle event adds bytes to the economy therefore increasing inflation

I don’t think you guys understand how inflation works, inflation is when everything rises, not just one set of items, that’s just called rising.

Again there’s no items that rise during before or after the event, it’s all in your head it’s just a “ I want to believe this “ type of thing.