Thoughts on a memorial project

Is this something you’d be interested in?
  • Yes
  • Yes, but only if we can get retired forumers on board
  • No

0 voters

Hey. Me again. I’ve owned the world FORUMS for quite a while. A few years back (before the new forums), I had planned on making the world a memorial of sorts to all the forum veterans with the help of @Starfire1174 @Logan and Drakkwyr. Then I started uni and my activity decreased and the world never ended up being.

I’d like to do something similar with the modern forum community. And this time instead of a builder team making the world…

Everyone should!

There are a lot of old faces I know well, but also plenty of newer ones that I don’t. I figure this will be a good opportunity for us forumers to interact in-game too.

I participated in something similar to this on the growtopia forums in 2015, but the basic idea is:

Everyone gets a medium (or small?) lock in the world to make a room dedicated to themselves. There will be requirements on forum account age and whatnot, but nothing strict so the most people possible can participate. I could also work with some other players on getting some retired OG forumers to return for the project.

And I don’t want it to be about me, I want it to be about the forums and the forumers that help it still cling to life even with the existence of the discord. So if there’s enough interest in the project I’ll make a bunch of polls to see what the majority wants to do about the details of the project.

FOR NOW: I just want to know if this is something people would be interested in participating in :slight_smile: if anyone has questions or needs more details I’d be happy to give them.

22 Likes

This sounds like a very good idea and i’d be happy to be part of it.

I’d like to participate. Sounds fun!

This sounds really cool, and it’s a very good way to engage the community alittle more :ok_hand:.

Sounds very cool to me, I’d glady participate.
All tho I think I’d only go if you could get veterans to take on the project aswell, I find it more interesting if they do.

Is there any difference in how this project would go versus how Growtopia’s players did it(forumers, moderators worlds)? I remember the concept, but I am curious if there will be anything else to it. I like the idea already.

I will be participating, I like the way this project is gonna be!

Hi! Not really much difference. Less restrictions, maybe more build space since we have less players.

Instead of this being a 1-time event, however, I’d like to make it an event, then allow forumers to continue to edit their rooms and returning/new forumers to possibly make entirely new ones. The goal I’d say is to fill the world up one day with forumers. I hope to continue it until that happens.

This little project does seem like a resounding yes from everyone, though! I’ll be making a post later today with a bunch of polls regarding the details (date/time of event, size of lock, room shape, requirements to participate, etc.) These polls will give anyone interested in participating a say in how things go.

If anyone would like to assist in contacting/convincing retired forumers to return, please DM me. Im also looking for 1 or 2 people to help me get the world ready and everything put together. Again, please DM me if you’re interested.

I’m very excited for this :]

Can i join in?

Slots are full for now, but a handful of people won’t get back to me. If they haven’t by thursday you’re welcome to join.

Awesome idea! Can’t wait to see the finished world :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s already complete! You can visit it at FORUMS :]

1 Like

Ohhh! I’ll be there now to check it out :slight_smile:

**EDIT

That honestly looks amazing! I love the design, you done an amazing job!

ok