Trusting your moderators

i have been thinking about this for a while , there needs to be a change in how things are reported and resolved
let me start with the “no naming and shaming” well many people that attemp to do illegal activities use a new account and nevertheless telling others about it is not always to shame the person but to keep others safe from that person , i think that rule needs some additional information
and now about the main topic , if the moderators you want are trusted then why can people not talk about them ? if someone is shaming them nevertheless you are basically blocking people from being able to defend them
basically if a moderator does something questionable / bad and someone posted about it , other people (or witnesses) would debunk it or explain the moderator’s ways , this could cause some drama if not handled correctly but it could defeat much more drama because [the developers] would be more aware of the activities made by the moderators they have selected , abuse , good job , bad job etc
so yea what are your opinions ?

5 Likes

The way I see it is that moderators are carefully handpicked from the community to moderate platforms that they feel comfortable with. If a moderator does something wrong, you can obviously take note of that and let the moderator know, that way they can attempt to improve themselves from it.

As for drama, I think more drama is caused by publicly discussing a moderator’s wrongdoing instead of just using some sort of private messaging feature. It goes back to maturity there as some people would rather “expose” a moderator instead of trying to help them get better. At the end of the day, moderators are human and will make mistakes; why would you not want to help them out or provide constructive feedback if you can?

As for the naming and shaming, it’s a rule that makes sense. I was in your shoes once when I disagreed with the policy. People deserve second chances. While it is inhuman to scam others, it would also be inhuman to not allow someone to learn from their mistakes, so why publicly bash them?

edit: And if a moderator isn’t willing to listen or take constructive criticism, then that should show you their maturity level; that’s when you may want to talk to someone above them about their actions.

6 Likes

but if it is not discussed here it will be discussed somewhere else one way or another , discussing it here will provide a way to argue with the “proof” one might give , also i am not referring to minimal scams but to scammers that CONSTANTLY look for new victims

1 Like

and about this
nowadays it is very hard to know who somebody truly is until its too late

Yep, Discord is likely going to be a place of discussion over a moderator’s actions, especially if it is one that players disagree with. I’m going to double down on maturity here though and argue that as a player it is extremely mature when one messages a moderator instead of discussing a moderator’s mistakes.

And trust me, I’ve been on the other side of the spectrum here too. I’ve been warned for complaining about a previous Mod Cadet in-game as well as a current moderator publicly in the Discord. You’ll start to see why that’s just immature eventually.

Unfortunately there will be scammers that always scam. As long as moderators do their jobs, then maybe down the line, on a 17th or 18th chance, that player can see what’s wrong about what they’ve been doing. While a scammer is part of it, people need to educate themselves and refrain from getting scammed to help out with that issue.

edit: As for handpicked moderators, we fortunately have not had as many issues as a game compared to Pixel Worlds. Sure, a demotion here and there, but it’s ultimately for good reason. Most of our moderators just outgrow their position eventually and perform their jobs decently well.

No one stop you from discussing about mods, it just some ppls discuss it in a wrong way by doing like “Hey that mod scam demote him!” Or “I hate you, why ban me from A” or spamming mention to annoys the person

4 Likes

i think the reason for that is anyone can blame anyone even if they didnt do it. even if they have proof it may be edited. its best to report to mods

1 Like

ya , like there should be mostly videos instead of just screenshots and a specific time and date given so the developers can check the pixel worlds logs !

1 Like

The naming and shaming rule is in place to avoid people publicly bashing others on PW platforms. The reason this rule is in place is due to people actively doing so with evidence that is not sufficient enough to conclude their claim. If it was the case where they had enough substantial evidence to get these players punished, it needs to be directly reported to the staff team.

If you wish to be critical of a moderator, you should do this via private messages. That way, you can directly tell them the issues you see with their actions and help them improve and learn from their mistakes which is a plus for the sake of the PW community. Discussing it with others only brings unnecessary drama that otherwise could be dealt with more beneficially. If you feel that discussion went sideways, you can contact support or an admin to report an issue with a moderator you see.

Then this should be reported directly to those who handle the chosen moderators instead of bringing attention where it does no good besides discussions that usually go sideways.

The average player who gets named and shamed is a borderline sociopath and the only way to get them to get a brief amount of self awareness is to be cancelled from the platform as a whole

1 Like

Look at Twitter for example, some people that get cancelled through there aren’t aware of what they did until they get called out for it, or they are aware, but just don’t care until they get “Cancelled” or called out.

once while i was in a drop game the world owner was gone and i was normally talking to a player, while i was dropping to joke (the owner was not there) i dropped the dark sprite wings and that player took them from me saying “I’m an undercover mod” after getting banned from the world. This means that you must REALLY carefully choose a future mod.

in other words you were scammed by that one old trick: Red blocks and large locks which that “Undercover mod” was given access to (For further clearing that person isn’t an undercover mod)

1 Like

Also used in the infamous “color game”.

Rest in peace (im ded) uwu

Rest in pairs of sprite wings.