A few suggestions regarding the battlecards feature

A few suggestions regarding the battlecards feature

An assured yet unjust advantage when starting a match

Having the first turn in a match grants you a specific advantage that is in a certain way unfair; you will most likely end the card match by placing your card on the field as last if you or the opponent don’t own or get to play the card called Quite a pickle!

There are uneven card spaces (9 in basic & advanced 15). While the current amount of card spaces on a board is unavoidable, there can be different ways of making it fair for the opponent who gets to start as the second.

In my opinion, the following solution works as a great result in ensuring fairness & rescaling the advantages and disadvantages to a somewhat neutral position for both players at the beginning of the match. In Hearthstone, at the beginning of a round, the game decides, by flipping a coin, which player will begin. The individual who won’t start the round will obtain a mana coin (a card that gives you additional mana that you use to deploy units when consumed) & a card in addition. So you start with two extra cards though, personally wouldn’t count the mana card as an actual card.

Pixel Worlds could have a similar element. The player who won’t begin the match will draw one additional card that would allow that player to have a vaster selection to choose from at the beginning of the card match.

This shouldn’t affect the gameplay poorly since you tend to have fewer cards than in midgame or endgame; the more you draw at the start, the better.

Of course, it’s RNG, 50/50 at whom the game decides to choose as the beginner, but that doesn’t change the fact that there are certain undeserved advantages at play.

The ability to compare cards when building decks

The suggestion itself is self-explanatory. I will use character cards as representatives.

You might occur the struggle in comparing two cards with each other. You would need to click on one, memorize the numbers. After that, you will click the second card and start comparing one with the other. That can prove problematic in some cases since it will take much more than the numbers to interpret the card as something you would reasonably use in your current deck than the other.

Just create the function to compare two cards with each other. They would appear enlarged on your screen next to each other.

A chatting system for the participants in a card match

I would interpret this as a quality of life suggestion.

Similar to Hearthstone, players would be able to use short phrases and responses while in a match. There would be a three-dot icon that you would press; you will have a few selections of expressions you can use. Such as Well played, Oops, Hello & Thank you.

I probably won’t be needed to explain what phrase to use when.

A few possible future effect & action card abilities as a suggestion

• An action card: Copies a random card from your opponent and adds it to your hand.

The card can also exist as a card that steals a random card from your opponent into your hand.

• An effect card: While played, randomly increases two elements of all allied cards by +10.

If the card seems overpowered, then randomly increases a sole element of all allied cards by +10 is fine as well.

Additional decks for us to use for building

I want to thank @ORAWOR for similarly suggesting the following suggestion in mind. I forgot to add the regarding suggestion when I was writing this. So I present this to you in the latest edit I made.

Building multiple decks allows you to make errors in confidence. Right now, if you modify, for example, your advanced deck, you could unknowingly make it worse. Not knowing what the originally built deck consisted of, you will find yourself a hard time rebuilding that particular deck.

This feature would furthermore allow you to select from your various decks before accepting the challenge. Of course, this wouldn’t aid you, or would it give you an advantage since you would be unaware of what the opponent’s deck contains.

The feature is suggestive only to give you the choice of switching strategies, tactics & gameplay. In addition, encourage trial & error.

10 Likes

If possible, allowing expressions during the card match would also be nice

1 Like

These are some pretty neat features, I especially think card comparing can be helpful.

Being able to have different decks saved would be cool too

1 Like

Agreed, that’s something I was planning to suggest as well. However, seeing that there were so many suggestions in mind when I was writing this, I forgot about that one. I could further edit the suggestion and add it.

YES I AGREE WITH ALL THESE FEATURES.
As someone who plays hearthstone on the daily. I was hoping pixelworlds would have at least an “additional card” feature for those who play 2nd. But it doesnt?

And chatting during a card match would be nice feature as well.
And saving extra decks would save a LOT of time. Otherwise you have to just, mentally remember ur decks or write them down somewhere.

Also nerf pickle cards.

1 Like

i wish you could bulk disenchant - it is frustrating having to disenchantment many cards individually with the slow UI

3 Likes