Dark picaxe is not worth it

The dark picaxe is around 20pl now.

What is dark picaxe? Dark picaxe is item obtainable from the dark stones vendor, costs 250 dark stones.

What is the difference between dark picaxe and epic picaxe? The only difference is the gemstones drop rate.The dark picaxe gives you 1-12 gemstones, the epic one gives you from 4-8 ( i think).

Soo you should better use epic picaxe instead of dark picaxe. ( Bad grammar)

1 Like

Can you tell me why is dark pickaxe not worth buying one?

The gemstones drop rate

Dark pic 1-12 epic pic 4-8

As from what I’ve heard, dark pickaxe drops MORE gemstones than epic pickaxe.

But I agree, since my rng is bad. I guess I’ll be sticking with epic.

In other words, there is a possibility of 12 huge gemstones at a time, and when combined with items that increase the possibility of additional gemstones, 2-3 wls of profit per mining will be.
I was too lazy to translate and write myself (Google Translate)

If my math is correct, Dark Pickaxe does have a slightly higher average drop rate.

Dark Pickaxe: (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12) / 12 = 13 / 2 = 6.5
Epic Pickaxe (4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8) / 5 = 6
(I think you can also do (1 + 12) / 2 = 6.5 and (4 + 8) / 2 = 6 to show that, but I wouldn’t trust my math skills that far :sweat_smile:)

Is a 0.5 gemstones more on average worth it? Up to you and your budget.
I however think that the Dark Pickaxe should get a small Buff, changing the drop range from 1-12 to 1-13, so that the Dark Pickaxe would have 1 more gemstone on average over the Epic Pickaxe.

4 Likes

Not to mention that items that increase gem drop amount exists. It’s not like you’re going to get under 5 gemstones everytime…

It probably is worth to some people. You can’t discuss people’s preferences.

I would personally prefer the epic one, I’m not the one to invest 20 pl into something just to ball my eyes out trying to farm it back.

Pretty sure the players wanted it for the design of the item and such, but gemstones drop rate is also a factor to some players especially hardcore miners. But I still think it’s not worth buying.

Most miners uses it.

So, I’ve recently gotten a dark pickaxe, and this was the result from 5 mines from lvl 3.

Personally, it all comes down to RNG, where the big gemstones and double digit drops synchronize. You’d really have to appreciate when things like this happens =

Otherwise, it’d just be the same as an epic pickaxe. I’ll let you be the judge of it.

Also, I do agree with Gargoyle on how it should be buffed by 1 gemstone. It’s quite underwhelming for a pickaxe this expensive.

Better definitive answer:
Getting the right mining equipment to increase larger, or more gemstone droprates will make the Dark pickaxe extremely reliable. By that circumstance it will make it a better choice, if you’re willing to grab alot more gemstones instead.

Still luck based but it’s one of the underappreciated items that comes down to how it takes a change in the meta, just how EPWR boosts overall damage.

4 Likes

Dark pick is so overpriced. Its 2mil and epic 200k but only difference drop rate. Dpick should be max 600k not 2mil

Let’s do the math for that.
One Pkey is around 6k
You get 70 dark nuggets on a perfect run
Assuming you can complete 10 pkeys (worth 60k bytes) perfectly, you’ll get 7 dark stones (700 dark nuggets)

100pkeys > 600k bytes > 70 Dark Stones

70÷100=0.7 dark stones per key

We need 250 dark stones for a dark pick so

250÷0.7 = 357.14 pkeys, lets make it 358 so you can make up for those nuggets you might have missed.

358 x 6000 = 2,148,000 bytes. (Just the cost for keys)

Plus the time and effort it took to mine all of those stones.

You wouldn’t like it if i bought your hard earned dark pick for 600k right?

Based👍
( 20 characters)