Dying in nether bug

I died in the normal netherworld by a flame flyer and spawned in a random location which caused me to be kicked to main menu loading screen:

It never happened before so I am not sure what are the steps to cause it. Steam version.
Happened at: 15:20 Finnish time 1. January 2021.
In-game name: FarmMiner
(The info for Dev to check my logs because this really happened.)

Did you see what this “random location was”? Was it inside the map bounds? It might be that a checkpoint was missing or something. This might not even be a Nether issue.

It was inside nether blocks in a dark area, it was definitely out of the map bounds by the looks. I can’t tell where it could have been exactly but it was 100% outside the nether world bounds but not far away from seen modules, it was like 1-2 modules away from the modules which were already seen.

I had taken some checkpoints (like walked on some) and after that, like literally after a minute or more I was running around and fell into spikes which caused me to spawn into a random location in the netherworld.
This is the random location I spawned in:

It is a completely random location, I can tell that it’s nowhere near the actual checkpoint which I activated. I think the place where I spawned is at up left side of the netherworld.
The checkpoint which was activated was down left side of the netherworld, about 2-4 modules away in down direction.
And there were others in the netherworld, I wasn’t alone. It was a random red scroll which I used in the world PixelStation.

Happened at: 20:40 Finnish time 23. September 2021.
In-game name: FarmMiner

I think i know where deep maggots come from now