U probably know this game:

Terraria

Another one, this one should be quite easy:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

This one is easy as well:

1 Like

Stardew Valley

This one might be a bit harder one:
Tip: It’s a really old Finnish game, released in 2003.

1 Like

I believe that it’s “Micro Mages” that got crowdfunded on Kickstarter a year or two ago, a video game styled up to NES’s standards. At first, this reminded me of the Shovel Knight as it fairly seemed to look like a modern game made in the following stylistics but as I looked more into it — that was a wrong guess, so I’ll go with Micro Mages. But I might be wrong as I haven’t played that one and seen nothing more than their Kickstarter page at the time. No idea as of what it could be otherwise.

Most likely a car racing game released for the second-third generation of consoles, out of my mind, the Driver series (Either Driver 3 or Driver: San Francisco)/Burnout Revenge would be the best guess. Might be something else if I’m wrong though.

Indeed, that’s some Finnish “Rooster the Game” level-based arcade title for Windows XP, didn’t play these sorts of the games from Finnish devs, so couldn’t go any further than that. Probably uses Finnish for its character’s/game’s name, like many other video games made in Finland (e.g. Noita from the recent ones).

I’d also like to remind about what original poster of this thread has suggested:

Please, don’t post any pictures without trying to guess the previous one as the game will lose its point. The proposed forum game isn’t something to rush with either way. I’ll be looking forward to confirmation/denial of my guesses before posting anything myself. I’d also advise sharing hints to make it easier for other potential readers in the second scenario.
P.S. Currently the best of the recently hosted “forum games” out there to my liking, glad to see familiar titles as well.

3 Likes

Thanks, @Aldople. This might cause some confusion but I deleted the Plants vs. Zombies image (not sure if it was from the game, either).

That Micro Mages game actually seems pretty neat, I might check it out.

@Ghustie’s game is Pekka Kana 2 from the golden era of Finnish obscure indie games. I actually have that game on my computer but I don’t think I’ve ever finished it.

Next up, one of the best games ever made:

2 Likes

Technically not. I’m not familiar with OpenMW, seems more like some sort of custom engine/modding thing.

1 Like

it just looks like elder scrolls 3

1 Like

That’s because it is! (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)

1 Like

Since the latest successful guesser hasn’t continued the game by posting their image, I’ll post one myself because I also got some of the earlier entries correctly.

Decent action-RPG, considerably an “immersive sim”. Unnecessarily, the first Source game to RTM:

Wished we had the reference in the description of the Stop Sign.

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines?
(Just saw it as a meme once then just searched it up again now to confirm)

If I’m correct then here’s the next one, this would be impossible to guess

2 Likes

Half Life 2? (or any Source Engine name, hard to tell)

It says malkaviandialogue ij file name so prolly really vtmb

1 Like

Well this is obviously Pixel Worlds: MMO Sandbox

What gave it away and how did you guess it?

I happen to know it for a friend, maybe i’ll give it a try someday

1 Like

Right, you got it correctly. That was “Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines”. I also left an additional hint in the file’s name, just in case.

1 Like

My turn :fish:

Hint: This is the greatest game of all time (very high rating on Steam)

1 Like

Factorio! I’ll probably give it another try as it recently fully released and received a couple of updates, recommended nonetheless.

One of the best & innovative shooters that came out at the time. It still holds up well nowadays and made by yet another Finnish developers. Remaster would be quite welcome but unfortunately unlikely going to happen:

1 Like

I remember playing that at my friend’s house a few times. Was it called Max Payne? A pretty fun game.

No idea if anyone knows this game but I used to play it a lot as a kid. It’s pretty obvious though about what’s going on in it lol

1 Like