Is there a way to increase chance of butterfly to spawn?

Just curious… (Or could even make one if there’s a way)

Yes there is a world called ‘‘Butterfly’’ I believe and in that world there are props that increase the butterfly spawn, also in game there’s perk that can get you 2 butterflies at one spawn

1 Like

Alright, ty for the info :smiley:

No, as far as we know, props or anything like that do not increase the butterfly spawn chance. Orb’s affect what butterflies spawn (Diurnal, Nocturnal) but nothing increases the chance as far as we know.

2 Likes

There are some good old videos on this wuhun made one if I’m not mistaken .

There are no props that increase the chance - that’s an urban myth. Being in world and not jumping from one to another will help from my experience.

The double butterfly spawn perk is ace. When I look back most of the Rare (and UR) butterflies I’ve caught have been in that double spawn… I suspect it’s random luck but nonetheless quite true . I’ve caught 3 UR ones this way… I’m yet to catch (or own) a single L butterfly. I have caught two the same many times over, of the common and UC so I’d say it’s safe to assume you could catch two identical Legendary’s like this!!

They will also spawn anywhere and sometimes in very quick succession, literally seconds between it’s easy to miss the notification bars

1 Like

There is an in-game event which doubles the spawn rate of butterflies. I think it’s coming to cycle pretty soon, actually. But otherwise, as others said, there’s not any way to really increase their spawn rate. If you’re looking for a specific one, check its item information – if it’s diurnal, it only spawns in worlds with a background orb that is “day” themed (ie. forest, sand, candy, summer sky, etc. orbs). Likewise the nocturnal butterflies only spawn in worlds with “night” themed orbs (night, star, cemetary, city, etc. orbs). And as far as I know there can only be one butterfly in a world at a time so limiting where it can spawn might help you out to get them faster, such as by filling your world with blocks except for a few spots near the entrance portal.

3 Likes