Jake and his Social Security Number

Did you know that Jake has inputted his SSN to Twitch’s site, only to get the affiliate rank?
He might as well display his SSN on stream in big red lettering, because by giving it to Amazon, it has already been compromised.

DO NOT SHARE YOUR SSN TO ANYONE WHO ISN’T THE GOVERNMENT! IT IS VERY SENSITIVE INFORMATION THAT CAN BE USED TO TAKE LOANS IN YOUR NAME!!!

1 Like

simple solution: don’t have a ssn or just acknowledge the fact that twitch requires your ssn for legal reasons and give it. correct me if i’m wrong but don’t employers require ssn as well? saying don’t give it to anyone except the government is bad advice as you’ll just end up unemployed.

(i don’t know too much about ssn because i live in a country that doesn’t use them)

Sure I’ll take your info into consideration but before that could you give me your age and phone number also your credit card number thanks

Ah yes, borrow large sums of money in their name and sue them for fraud.

Is this literally the first thing you say after being unbanned

Ayyy walcome back Ondrashek, and yes your employer reguires your ssn for tax purposes

Oh yeah because a 3 billion dollars company is obviously going take out a loan from ondrasheks bank account.

Yes, but that’s a different situation - it is written on an official form on paper, which goes straight to the government and doesn’t even touch the internet.

No, this is the first thing I said after being unbanned.

You want to know the first thing I said?

Wait till ondrashek finds out you need to share your bank card informwtion to make online purchases.

Well actually I have not because our twitch is owned by the company and not by me so yes they have our company number but that’s public information anyway :wink:

1 Like

Do you purchase groceries from s market with the company’s card?

That actually quite makes sense. I didn’t watch your streams since I learned that Twitch wants to collect your SSN, I might actually reconsider my decision.

Thanks for your explanation.

Umm… that’s kinda illegal :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also, congratulations on your promotion to Tier 4 Admin.

Well, the liver casserole needs to be bought one way or another.

oh, they’re back :eyes:

UPDATE: I was now at a psychologist and even she has confirmed that your SSN has no place on the internet, “only use it for government or insurance purposes and places you want to work at”.

1 Like

by becoming a twitch affiliate aren’t you technically being employed by twitch which is why they require your SSN if applicable? you stream on their platform, they monetize it and then pay you. sounds a lot like employment.

YOUR SSN HAS NO PLACE ON THE INTERNET. If you got to fill out a physical form and mail it to Amazon, then it’s SSN-worthy.