Lack Of Community

Hi welcome to my second overly long essay on PW I’m writing instead of doing English homework™

Is there a lack of community in the PW community rn? Have we grown more cynical and greedy as the years have gone on? This is want I want to discuss in this post.

A few years ago, (for me at least) there felt like there was a strong community in the PW community, of course there were still hackers and overall not-very-nice-people, but overall it felt pretty connected and friendly. What I mean by this is it felt more about having fun and making friends. And a bit of a everyone-knew-everyone vibe. People would go to worlds like LOVE, just to meet new people and have a nice time. Of course there was also Jake, who I don’t really need to explain why he was a GOAT, and I felt like pretty much every pixelian could enjoy his content. I know this a pretty general overview, but overall this is what it felt like (for me at least)

Nowadays, it feels much more divided and less about having fun, and more about making money. Let’s be honest, when you see a global announcement, do you go to worlds that don’t promise some profit? Worlds like LOVE are straight up dead now, and pretty much the only active worlds are worlds that u can get those sweet sweet bitcoins from. People seem more cynical now.

So why has this happened? Honestly it’s not the biggest mystery in the world.
I think the ‘connected’ kinda vibe has gone due to a MASSIVE AMOUNT of new players every year and older players leaving, and tbh this was always gonna happen, whether I like it or not, I can’t really blame anyone here.
I feel people care more about money and less about having fun now, because of WAY more ways to make profit (mining, fishing, P2P) and more of a reason to be rich (way more stuff to buy). For example, Best Set rewards having a set only someone who is EXTREMELY rich could have, compare this to Netherworld, were pretty much every player has a fairly equal chance given u have enough experience.
All this leads to players focusing solely on profit to get these kinda benefits, which is a LOT of work, and in that time, there’s no time for making friends and having a laugh, which is a shame

What I want to leave with is this
In five years, will you remember what your set was and how much it cost?
In five years, will you remember every time you grinded mines for hours on end?
Or In five years will you remember making friendships on this game?
Or just having a good time playing a game, instead of slaving away for a few pixels on a screen?

6 Likes

Hope u enjoyed reading that, I’m sorry if I waffled too much, and if anyone wants to debate me down below I will gladly take ur offer.

1 Like

Nah guys I think I have schizophrenia, I could’ve sworn there were people in this post talking about waffles

I don’t really know how to respond to this just yeah. This game used to mean so much, like so much memories, I used to play with my cousin almost everyday, really miss that time (also I didn’t realize how expensive everything got :sob: I remember you could get stuff for 1 wl and stuff…)

1 Like

Well prices have really dropped so maybe your good times will return … :grin:

I agree on the community comment though

I was going to make a post about clans and how for many they just don’t work like they used to. It was often your ‘mates’ in them but now it’s more randoms.

Imo the game is way more ‘solo’ than ever … it works but it makes it a different experience .

2 Likes