Pixel Worlds' Quality of Life, Game Suggestions, and Feedback

I am not going to put a massive amount of effort into this thread. Below you will see a list of quality of life improvement suggestions, overall game/staff suggestions, as well as general feedback. Each point will be separated by underlined text, no spoilers. Not sugarcoating this.

Global Messages
Global Messages should not be abused. I see too often players are messaging obscene profanity or just global messaging way too much. There’s a filter for general words, but global messages should just not be allowed to be sent if they contain any sort of profanity whatsoever. It’s ridiculous that a mobile game built upon community allows this.

Furthermore, global message price needs to go up to 5,000 gems, and there needs to be a timer on how often you can send a global message. There are too many players abusing this feature.

Moderation
You have a talented group of individuals that devote their time to help out the community. Give them a bit more praise. I understand there’s the blue name and the presence across platforms, but I do not think they get enough reward for how much they do for the community. If a moderator’s been around a while, give them some sort of incentive to stay active. We’ve lost some great guys and gals over the years this game has been released.

Abilities:

1. Moderators should have the ability to mute users publicly, whether that be a lock on their Global Messages or a general message cooldown. It’s a great way to warn a player.
  2. There’s a limit on how many days a moderator can ban a player. Why? If you trust a player enough to represent your game and enforce the rules, then you should trust them to make the right call on a ban length and allow them to ban a player for longer than that slider they have allows.

Furthermore, select a dang moderator from the US West coast or US Mountain time zone. I see far too often players will be breaking rules when everyone is asleep, except for the Americans. I would seriously prioritize this.

Staff
To the staff, ask the community to help you if you need help. There are so many players and so little of you. We can always buy gems and watch advertisement videos, but holy cow we want to help more. We love this game and want to help you grow this game and succeed in life. If you need help, ask. The best place to start is the Discord. Utilize us.

Additionally, there are players that want to help with coding and other platforms. @Siskea, reach out, I would love to help with answering support emails if it means Shane gets to help out with the game more.

Lastly, write everything you like down immediately. Anything that seems like a good idea should really find its way into the game one day. I’m sure this is already done, but if not, it’s not too late to start!

World of the Week
The World of the Week needs to either be scrapped or improved. I vote improved, but it’s been way too long that players do not get any credit for the worlds they have built. Increase the reward for winning a World of the Week. You may get the trophy, you may get the world listed in the ‘Top Rated Worlds’ section of the main menu, but nobody ever goes to the world.

Give World of the Week Winners some free VIP, AND put a button in the main menu that takes you directly to the World of the Week.

Lastly, make sure that the worlds listed in the ‘Top Rated Worlds’ > ‘World of the Week’ section are the correct worlds. For example, number four on that current list is the wrong world. You can enter and see a sign that explains this. This is such an easy fix and it seems as if this is overlooked.

Competitions
Bring them back. It’s the best way to keep the community involved. We LOVE community items, reward players for making them. I know that they get the item for free, but toss some gems to the player’s way too. This gets a lot more item/block suggestions moving forward. You can actually use the forum too as you do this as it will allow people to actually have a reason to come here again.

Also, there are some subcategories under community creations that are long completed and still listed and viewable, let’s delete them!

News
There’s a news category on the forum and a news button in-game. Let’s give both of these a revamp. I used to live for the patch note messages sent out by Commander_K back in the day.

-

Wow. There’s a lot to do and a lot more to say, but I think this is a decent start. To reiterate once more… This game has so much potential, but the little things, the little fixes, the little mistakes, the little changes, they can all add up. We’re all in this together. Really hope the devs see this one. This game has so much more to live up to and a lot more left to complete.

8 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

About WotW, I think players shoule be able to vote WotW kinda like the best set competition instead of Siskea picking a random submission

2 Likes

How about Siskea picks two worlds and then players have either an 8 hour period, 10 hour period, or 24 hour period to vote on one to win?

1 Like

How come I always agree with you?

Exactly, WotW should be picked based on popularity within the community, not based on what one random person says.