Red portal doesn't work sometimes

Title says it all.
When you enter the red portal with others then sometimes it makes you infinity load and takes you to the main menu screen. Sometimes it’s just 1 person who enters the nether and other 2 are loading, other times it’s 2 persons who enter the netherworld and 1 person is infinity loading (this is more common).
To replicate it just open a red portal and enter it and then let others enter it, it happens very rarely and seems to have no relation to anything whatsoever (it just happens).
Happened to me (in-game name: FarmMiner ) at the world: ibuy 18:09 (Finnish time). There was only 3 players in the world and 1 red portal.

2 Likes

Well, this also happens to Secret Base.
In my theory, I think it’s because 2 players entered the portal at the same time. The game’s server couldn’t probably be able to register 2 players entering at once. This is just a theory, however. It does not happen 100% of the time

1 Like

I’d like to bump this thread. Do other people also experience the same problem when it comes to these kind of portals? The odd thing about this bug is that it doesn’t only affect the nether/SB portal, but also the Rift Portal in ADE. Only way to remove the loop is to either wait for the server to disconnect you, or to close the game by yourself.

Another indicator as to how this bug would occur is that it always happens when there are more than 2 people trying to enter the portal (talking by experience). This bug never seems to appear when I’m doing Nether or Secret Base alone. Other theories would also be welcome, I just want this bug to be fixed, considering it’s been a year (or more) since this bug existed. It’s really annoying when you’re Secret Basing/Nethering with other people.

A side note : When the looping bug occurs from a portal in FORESTHILLS, the player (instead of being stuck in an infinite loop) would be sent back to FORESTHILLS.