Request for a friend [FALSE BAN]

Then later,

It seems he DID get some of the items, or was suspected to have particiated in the dupe. Also I keep seing that is was over two years ago.

I really think that you should have moved on by now. You said that the moderation team was bigger back then, but the mods dont have access to these things, as Zithii and Retnos have explained. We have three admins and most of the mods have either had their permissions revoked, or they are working hard on a pretty big community. Think about it this way, our community is probably somewhere around 20k-50k players. A team of under 10 mods and 3 developers are trying to maintain this community, and thats no easy task. You keep saying “no hate” to the mods and the community, but it really doesn’t seem like that.

The amount of effort it would take to fufill your demands in crazy, so hang tight. I’m sure there is another side to this story we dont know about that justifies the “100+ players” being banned, as I’m sure PW in its golden age wouldn’t ban 100+ people for no reason, especially with like 5-7 admins and like 10+ mods.

You think you are sure, but are you sure. We need both sides of teh story as you mentioned yourself. And no there is no hate to the team. Don’t set me under a bad light, just because i m giving constructive critsism.
" The amount of effor it would take to fullfill your demands" The damand belongs to the community not me, and yes that’s how the system works.

Logically speaking now, do you get arrested without the reason or not? You will receive the reason obv, and yes they did ban a whole clan 100+ jake even said he was sad about doing that. .-. Research first broski and no i love the team i m just trynna justify some things. Stop trying to put me in a bad shade …

And again why escape from things “move on” it just looks like a rookie move to do, but again i don’t know the full complete story of every players ban…

Moderators do not have the ability to rollback users or worlds, nor do we have the tools to investigate stuff to the extent you expect us to.

1 Like

Fair enough, but what if you spread the message out? Because from what i know the community tried but with no response. I mean ofc you can’t rollback i know that, but what i would do is to spread it to the people who can do such things. Instead of just leaving the case to collect dust. Not saying you didn’t spread the message or not. Cuz i don¨t know if you did.

I was not even a moderator 2 years ago, nor do I know much about the situation. If you have emailed support then that is all I can suggest you do.

1 Like

Fair enough, Yeah my friend did mail them but with no luck. That’s why we tried here. But Zithi what would you choose be honest. You don’t have to answer :saluting_face:

2 players duped and people collected items from them, just because ( even if they knew it was duped or not)

Solution 1: Ban 100+ players
Solution 2: Rollback and ban the 2 players.

• sad to see dedicated pw players get banned

If they took items KNOWING it was duped items, then a ban is fair imo.

10 year+ a bit too harsh, and we don’t know if every 1 was knowing the items were duped or not. Therefore a rollback would be perfect.

The players could lie and say they didn’t know
and then we have the players who actually took the items.
How can you as a admin know if they are talking the truth? — To fix this problem simply a rollback and every 1 is happy. Instead of 1 person.

You are aware of how much work and demand on the server a rollback will do?
Think of the countless hours of work that people not involved in the situation will lose.
10+ years is counted as a permanent ban.

It happend for 2 hours the dupe, how could a rollback ruin the game 2 hours. Or you could check the item logs for each duped item and remove the items from the games.

I have developed runescape servers before, not that hard to see if items were duped. Basically you go to the items id and find it in the data list and then you see the quantity of that specific item. So lets say in 2 hours 300+ dark pixie wings were added to the game.

Then you could simply track the items down and remove them, but if it’s not possible with the engine they are using a rollback would be perfect. Yes it sucks, but this event can occur at any time. Instead of banning innocent players, the staff team could investigate 1 by 1 yeah it sucks and takes time. But this is something you MUST do when developing games. Succes won’t happend over night, but players can leave in a sec, and ruin the image of the game in a sec. The same goes to the staff team.

Legit this dupe-event could be fixed within a day, instead of this long lasting unsolved case.

all love tho

and it happened two years ago. So we should rollback two years. And “all love though”. doesn’t seem like it. No hate <3

No i never said we should do a rollback for 2 years… Stop with the conclusions and again if you can’t take constructive critsism the forums are not for you. Stop making bold comments about what i think of the team/community. Respectfully Thanks

I think I can. Seems like you can’t though.

Yes I understand, but you kept saying that they should have done a rollback instead of banned him.

Like other suggested and i did, email support is the best way for you to get your ban removed.
This incident happened 2 years ago and that’s for sure would take a while to check years of log to lift 1 ban (or more).
Best i can recommend you is to wait for an answer if support perhaps reaches you back but if you got a 10 years ban, most likely that ban would stay.

1 Like