World locks / byte coins?

As we all know changes happen… everywhere. Not too long ago I would still trade with my world locks, but I feel like byte coins are now a viable option, though not for everyone.

I’m asking for the public opinion on this out of pure curiosity, just which one do you prefer at this point and why?

6 Likes

World locks are obviously the winner here, but i do hope byte coins take over in the future, just a way easier currency

2 Likes

I completely agree. It is definitely easier for me to trade using the PWE, but there are some items I can’t really find and end up having to buy them with world locks. I always opt between the two and end up not having the one I need when I’ve to buy something haha.

Probably why I’m curious about everyone else ^^

3 Likes

I like using Byte Coins when the item is really cheap but when it comes to expensive items then the provision and other costs really ruin PWE but trading them directly isn’t that bad unless the person accepts only World Locks then having some Worlds Locks is really a must so no other choice than using them Byte Coins to buy some World Locks from PWE.

4 Likes

I’ve always been for Bytecoins.
I actually don’t like trading with other players directly, it’s a hassle bartering and often times they try and buy things way too cheap and sell things way too high.
With the PWE, there’s no interaction, it uses a dedicated currency, it’s not hard to get bytecoins, and you can find almost anything you want with price statistics right in the items’ info.
It’s still one of the best and most useful updates in PW history imo.

I only use World Locks if I really want to get something expensive that I don’t work for myself. Otherwise I’d really rather work towards something, it’s more rewarding and again, no need to barter and trade with people.

5 Likes

Why not use both
But if for main ill go for byte because of pwe

1 Like

I go for byte because it is Soo easy to sell items. Even expensive ones that are 50wls.

And also because i just like to trade with byte.

1 Like

I prefer bcoin since it’s easy to find stuffs in PWE.

1 Like

Byte coins are pretty good, so does world locks but i prefer bytes since you can use PWE to do so, and find whatever u needed, its so useful.

1 Like

I try to use bytecoins as much as i can, the only time i remember using world locks was to buy an expensive item i couldn’t find on the PWE.

The only that bothers me on the PWE though are the few percents of bytecoin you have to loose, no idea why they did it that way since you don’t really have to pay a tax when trading directly with other players…

1 Like

Provision actually help a lot to balance things out. In a realm where everything can be created from nothing (buying ByteCoins using Gems that are produced from nothing) is just a disaster to most economy-based game. Taking a small percentage for every transaction OUTSIDE of the economy is going to help with inflation.

1 Like

I never even consider WL as currency. It was considered one only because Growtopia didn’t have proper currency and some genius back then decided to use WL as the money since it shines like gold. That’s pretty much it. Since we have proper currency, I always use ByteCoin. In fact, I mostly do purchase items that are relatively expensive through PWE. It’s cool, and I don’t have to waste time trying to bargain with people to get the price lowered down by 1 WL only to realize the amount of time and effort could be used in other ways and actually generated me potentially more than what little discount I could get.

But hey, it’s me. You do you.

1 Like

Well it’s like a tax for posting the item in PWE station since people who search for it can view your item and also what Append said, so it’s reasonable imo.

1 Like

The superior currency is obviously lock tokens

4 Likes

Forgot those existed

1 Like

I’m more of using byte coins and the PWE as my way to buy and sell stuff, since it’s easier to find what I need in the global marketplace.
Also, I barely go to trade worlds due to my lack of time.

1 Like

I’m more into Byte Coins than World Locks.

1 Like

I figured JoJonator and Syeira would have the same thoughts as me on this matter for the most part.

Trading is almost impossible nowadays. But when I use PWE? things are sold almost instantly, as long as I make it the lowest price. It’s a long term investment for buying things there but it still works. I’m slowly becoming more broke by the day because my inventory is just becoming a graveyard of event items to try and balance the economy - as it seems items ironically skyrocket once I sell them

1 Like

I’d like to see byte coins being the main currency but I doubt we will see it fully implemented. Wish they would of done it from the start instead of waiting but I understand as to why they didn’t.

1 Like

I don’t mind either, but I would rather haves Bytes become the primary currency, as this would negate the use for World Locks for buying items. Plus, having one universal currency for the PW exchange, and trading would be great.

1 Like