Would anyone like to test my game?

2023 Edit:
This is an old project, it’s been disbanded long ago and won’t be updated, but feel free to look at this anyway if you’d like.

Original post:
Now I know, advertising my own game on the forums of another video game sounds cheap, and I don’t really have any excuses for that.
But I will say, as an aspiring indie game dev, I did work on something of a prototype of a project for a little while, and the demo is available to play for free right on your browser (PC only though).
I’m posting this since I’d like to gather the opinions of others and what they like and don’t like about my game project, as well as what other things could be improved.
Before commenting about anything here or on the itchio page however, please do read the description of the game, I explain a few things.

Also if this post somehow breaks rules (I feel like it might be pushing it a bit with advertising third party things, but this demo is completely free and I only intend to ask for opinions), any mods can feel free to take this thread down.

Here’s the game right here if you’re interested. You can either review it in this thread or in the comments of the game itself, either way is fine!

Controls:
Arrow Keys = Move
Z = Interact
X = Menu
At least on an American keyboard, those same key placements might work on other formats.

7 Likes

testing it right now.
pleasure to be one of the first people, to test a game, from one of our future lead-programmers.

1 Like

sorry but is the an inv and if how to open it lol

1 Like

Come to think of it, I probably should have put controls down.
Arrows = move
Z = interact
X = Menu/Cancel

and I have found out that I can open some kinda menu with 0
Interact with enter and esc is cancel lol

1 Like

I like those games, its quite good, fighitin some blobs for mone rn, still figuring out how everything works,
also…
frank is definetly the best name out there
also
well the well epic english

1 Like

the music is nice

1 Like

@Bluvox

got those gloves, but if I click use, and then want to exit, I unequip the gloves, idk if this is a dumb question, but how do I exit with those gloves?

The gloves are meant to be a passive key item, they simply unlock the ability to break rocks.
Sorry, the “use” isn’t really meant to be there, but I haven’t removed that option from the base engine yet.

1 Like

yeah realized that.
I tried once.
I made it to the big boi spider in this dungeon tree lvl 2 or something idk

1 Like

Im gonna try it, i like rpg games :]
me see the menu: rpg maker?

1 Like

Reminds me of my old Gameboy games. Love the concept, the graphics and sound/music selection.

8/10, just because I don’t like browser games like I used to.

2 Likes

It’s incredible, the fonts, the sprites, the whole thing!

1 Like

I cant wait to play it when I have the time

1 Like

Update:
2nd try, made it to boss, needed around 1-2hits more to defeat the boss

1 Like

A collective reply for everyone above: Thanks so much for taking the time to test the game, I hope you’re enjoying it!
I know I have a presence on these forums as a bit of a troll or someone who uses sarcasm way too much, but I’m serious when I say I’m flattered people are enjoying and liking my game, y’know. Thanks everyone for testing!

That’s for sure, lol. Deltarune/Undertale, Pokémon, and The Legend of Zelda are my biggest inspirations for this project.

2 Likes

sorry for bumping thread but I noticed something about this person and I wonder , by any chnace , was your in-game name / do you recognize this name “Sackatizer50” ?!

I was called that once upon a time, yeah.
(It was my old forums name)

I got nothing but respect for you my man, this sound and pixel art in the beginning just put me back in my youngin days banging on my Nintendo ds, almost make me cry for some reason, keep it up, man.

Note: Maybe speed up the movement.

1 Like

Cool stuff you have going on, but becarefull with stuff like that. Adv on pixelworldsgame without their permission. I don’t know their rules about advterising your own game on the forums.

All love tho and best of luck to you with the game!

1 Like