Allow messages to players that are not in ur friend list

So you are requesting a feature which only a few people can use? Doesn’t seem very fair. I like the idea but you need to rework it a lot. It won’t work like this. People shouldn’t have to loose out just because of how the community acts. The threads getting a bit too long, so I’ll step out now, but it’s a +1 if you actually manage to make this an original idea that is possible.

We can always give a solution to this, maybe we could set a cooldown to the private messages that are comming from players that are not on your friendlist.

This is how I think the feature should be implemented:

• By default, players will have the option enabled to be able to receive messages from other players who aren’t on their friends list.

• For those who don’t want to receive messages from people they’re not friends with, they can turn the option off.

• If anyone is being toxic/rude in messages, you can mute the player to stop receiving messages from them specifically or report them. Players who get reported through this system will likely have gone on to break the rules in some other way anyway, so less than giving moderators more work, it’s more so just letting them deal with the rule-breaker earlier than they would’ve had to before.

Growtopia has a messaging system that works similarly to this, and from my experience playing the game, it doesn’t get abused, unless you’re incredibly popular, and you are constantly receiving messages. There’s way to prevent messages in Growtopia, and that’s where the issues with the feature stem from, something that would be resolved by implementing it this way.

2 Likes