Byte currency fixes

That’s why I was against the idea of world locks being untradeable in the first place.
I originally made points that instead of arguing whether or not we want it in game, it was that we all try to come up with a solution to fix the problem, since the devs couldn’t even do that.

I agree with Append here. From what I can tell, a decent amount of people participate in the recycling event. The same as Append does, I see people mentioning how much they’ve made from the event, discussing what items are the best to recycle and sharing how they’ve prepared for the event in advance. Now, I wouldn’t say months in advance, but around when the event is participating at least.

When it comes to quests, people are pretty much always doing them. If you go to PIXELSTATION now, there’s a very good chance you’ll see people interacting with the daily quest bot, not to mention people doing clan quests. Alongside these, you also have achievements, which can almost be considered quests. Some of these achievements can also give you a good amount of byte coins, such as the ‘Speeder’, ‘Alchemist’ and ‘Wandering Companion’ achievements.

I don’t see any disagreement with this even if the reasons behind it may or may not be the same. The whole long debate between us was about WL being currency and I tell you that it’s not. Also, the 10% fee. I can’t even remember which thread is about which.

Most of those players doing quests tend to be newer players, at least from my experience players, even in my clan, start out doing quests, and eventually it grinds to a halt.
But if we’re following the logic Append stated before about the minority yells the loudest, those people showing off their profits with recycling event still are not that many compared to every single player who uses PWE. Most people who advertise it on the discord are the people who are aware of the recycling event’s existence. The majority who don’t use the social media simply aren’t old are smart enough. Suffice to say the flexers actually take up a large amount of the people who participate

Of course you’re going to be seeing at least one player doing them, because there are always going to be someone who wants to do that or finish the quest.

WL being currency and I tell you that it’s not. Also, the 10% fee. I can’t even remember which thread is about which.

If it wasn’t a currency then there wouldn’t be this
and they would’ve made it so that these couldn’t be purchased here.

The issue is that PWE service fee must not only account for the recycling event, but also literally every single other means that generates free BC out of thin air. There are many people on Discord who knows about Recycling Event, and that does not mean the information is limited to us especially when all content creators are hungry for ideas for videos. They will literally do anything to make content, and I’m certain that there are videos explaining how recycling is a free money generator.

That still does not change the fact that it is not a currency. There is no reason to ban WL trading if it were. It’s there to allow people to start adopting BC although the implementation is terrible for a reason which I described in discord. But that still doesn’t change the fact that WL is not a currency.

You contradict yourself about those “bytes out of thin air” (which they’re not, they do require investment btw) as not being viable as main sources of income, yet you keep saying they are a result of influx. Far more people use PWE than those who participate in these events, and every player who uses it will experience a tax, not a random RNG chance. This will only increase after they invalidate the use of a currency. The amount of people using events or quests will not change.

World locks are currency, regardless of what you OR the devs have to say, (they never said it isn’t) whether it be official or unofficial (lock tokens and the conversion of wls being the gold of the game, bytes being the copper)
“even though the foreign currency is not legal tender there. … This type of currency substitution is also known as de jure currency substitution”
for the third time, read the definition of currency

And here’s some additions of jake literally confirming they’re currency, just not the official/main one
Just because it isn’t “main” or generally accepted by players, doesn’t mean it isn’t currency. You can hop off now.

1 Like

Newer players or not, those are still people doing quests! People are joining Pixel Worlds constantly, so even if it really is just new players doing quests, that’s still a whole lot of people. Achievement hunters are encouraged to engage with quests too, thanks to the ‘Quest’s King’ achievement. Anyone who has fully completed the ‘Quest’s King’ achievement has singlehandedly done 1000 quests.

With clan quests, in an active clan such as CLASH, I see many clan quests being completed regularly. In the recent clan chat for CLASH, 21 clan quests have been completed. They add up quickly when many members are in a clan, and even then, that’s only one clan out of the thousands that exist out there. Of course, those clans do vary in activity, size and the willingness of members to complete clan quests though.

While in Append’s words, the minority may yell the loudest, that phrase certainly doesn’t take into account the portion of the minority that isn’t yelling at all. When someone mentions something on the Pixel Worlds Discord, the topic may shift focus to something else, such as the recycling event for example. This doesn’t exactly mean that the minority is yelling, it just means that the people present in the chat at the time have something to contribute to the topic. Usually, core members of the community talk in the Discord, and if those core members of the community are talking about their earnings and preparation in regards to the recycling event, it shows that core community members are engaging with the recycling feature. Almost like a domino effect. One person talks about something, and it encourages another person to do so too.

The game has a (relatively) stable amount of core players. The rest is also a stable decline and rise.
Also, it’s a given to see 21 clan quests completed in a clan full of veterans who don’t lose interest in the game, many of which are tryhards, or people who are trying to get XP to level up the clan.

Even with the 5 or so people flexing their profits after massing and grinding to mass over 10,000 green tanktops, it still doesn’t compare to the amount being taken away from tax, every day of the year, unlike a monthly event - as well as Append’s statement that quests are not viable as a main source of income confirming this.

One should not mention the major amount of people who don’t do the event and quests but still use the PWE.

1 Like

The cops are outside your house.

1 Like

:oncoming_police_car:

:running_man:: . . … . . . . :police_car: :police_car: :police_car:

1 Like

You just made all of Append’s statement invalid

3 Likes

They are from “thin air”. The Byte Coin is generated from nothing. It’s essentially the same as government simply printing bills.

You need to understand that without money drain, the amount of BC in the circulation will keep going up uncontrollably at a super fast pace because thousands of players are constantly generating money out of thin air. When looked into each individual, they won’t make a huge difference, but when you consider everyone contributes to the free money printing every single day PLUS barely any functional money sink, then that’s the disaster.

I have just looked it up, and I will admit that it does seem to be the case. What I had in mind was fiat currency. I was wrong on that one I guess. But, I am still determined on holding off PWE service fee being lowered down until another alternatives appear in the game.

1 Like

3 Likes