How were your first few months or years of the game? how did you play when you were a noobie? I would like to see stories of the nostalgia in this game!

When i was a newbie, i remember seeing people casually playing drop games and such and at one point i thought it wasn’t against the rules. So when i had gotten on i had hosted a drop game and played it how the scammers tell you its played. you drop something and i give you something. thankfully what i didn’t know was that you were supposed to take their items. i just gave them my stuff. after the second hosting someone had told me it was against the rules and i got pretty mad how everyone was playing without telling me. that was years ago and i did just call myself out lol but it was innocent.

3 Likes

i should be banned for a month

1 Like

My story: I saw video on become pro with farming Magic Stuff and I started farming it but at the end it wasn’t really a way to become pro. I never became pro with it. Regret only farming in-game it really wasn’t a way to become pro. I farmed until to the point when rollback happened and all my earned items were literally deleted. Good thing that happened because then I realized there is more to the game than just farming.

1 Like

Cute lil story. You should have made sure to check rules lol

When I was new, I farmed mushrooms and strawberries, and then candy cane blocks when those came out. I couldn’t afford Bbb. I didn’t think I’d stay in the same for long so I didn’t try profiting to work for dp, and didn’t think much of them

1 Like

Good times. I wasnt that much of an og though. I do remember playing just before the Horse head came out for the prize so if you could remember when that was it would be helpful!

1 Like

But hey, you actually gain gems faster by farming CCB! The amount of blocks gets ridiculous quickly, though.

My first “noob memory” is probably from the time when the game wasn’t out yet: I didn’t realize you could actually gain more blocks by breaking them. It was a foreign mechanic to me and I believe MasterBruce showed me how it works.

4 Likes

CCB? never heard of it.

1 Like

I remember that the first day I started playing, on the global release date, a guy called Roger, came to my world and gave me 5 Magic Stuff seeds.
Then I started farming Candy Cane Blocks, BBB, Scifi Wallaper 1, and some Kiwi Blocks.
The good old days (’:

3 Likes

AAAAnd just found out its candy cane blocks

1 Like

I mainly farmed candy cane blocks for most of my newbie part. then mostly bbb when it wasnt 12 hit

1 Like

I think I messed up lol, I wasn’t meant to reply to Dev. How do I unlink my reply?

2 Likes

Im loving the stories!

1 Like

Ricky just reply to this text or something lol

1 Like

Hmm… the first thing I’ve been told when I joined the game by the same friend who asked me to join: “do not play drop games. I know you won’t host them, but don’t… just don’t play them either”. Never had issues on that side, but I do remember getting “scammed” once, not even sure what to call it. Helped this person clear his world then got banned right away lolol.

My friend would always host spleef games and dice games to help the new players and I’d join them quite often, probably why even today I’m pretty decent at playing spleef xD.

My first very good memory is crossbreeding a door. My very own money making method as a newbie. Netherworld was pretty scary, I’d be SO bad at it, I’d only do it with my friend and pray we’d get into the same world since there were no portals at the time.

I kinda miss those times tbh. I hope my paragraph wasn’t too long :o

1 Like

I got banned multiple times , hosted a lot of drop games without knowing it’s illegal , never scammed sadly.

1 Like

sucks man! Hope you stopped hosting lol

1 Like

Stopped hosting 3years ago , back in the good ol’ days.

I just farmed ccb, mstuff, and scifi bg, and bbb in 2017, just for gems. It was all about jumping on mushrooms and jelly back then, it was calm and fun and friends were still alive, old forum was still there, none of these grindy stuff. Wealthiness werent my focus yet and I just played, joined random lock war worlds, joined friends and helped them break when i was bored, got scammed a few times and gained my paranoia. It was fun and simple back then, kinda miss it

1 Like

It’s been a LONG time since I joined Pixel Worlds.

So lemme try and remember here.
It was December 2016, I found Pixel Worlds from a Growtopian YouTuber who was making videos about this new 2D MMO. They had positive things to say about it despite that being in the “PW rips off GT!” era.
I thought the game looked great, and at the time, I was also banned from Growtopia (for doing dumb things), and thought of Pixel Worlds as “the second chance” or the means to redeem myself or something over dramatic, lol.

I joined under the name “Terrariaman”, which is the same username as my very first Growtopia account.
I played around for a bit and had some fun, but I was pretty limited at the time considering I wasn’t actually in a country that was in the beta, meaning I had to use a VPN.
Not only that, my only device that wasn’t a 2DS at the time was a SUPER old tiny tablet from 2013 which was omega slow, and I somehow managed to run Pixel Worlds on it.
I played for a bit and then left, coming back the next month with a new username, and on a better device, Shype.
(Shype means “Shiny Hype”, a term coined by me and a Twitch streamer I watched regularly who did Pokémon Shiny Hunting streams.)

I don’t exactly remember too much in the very beginning of Shype, but I also made a forums account around the same time as (if not before) my in-game account, and was pretty active on there too.
I remember farming a lot of wood panels (since they seemed to drop about as many gems as magic stuff), and eventually I saved up enough to get sci-fi blocks to farm.

At some point, I started YouTube, and continued to do videos for a year or two.
My first video was actually about Wood Panels, too! All the videos on the channel are unlisted, but here’s my first ever YouTube video of PW if you’re interested.
https://youtu.be/AUe87LHzJSo

I don’t remember many details past this, but I recall farming a lot, occasionally clearing worlds to sell for WLs, and hanging out and meeting with people.
I won a Soda Jetpack giveaway pretty early on which helped out a lot, but I sold it later for an overly cheap price, lol.
All in all, I’ve met a lot of cool people in this game and the forums, and I’ll say this community has changed me for the better.

I used to be pretty toxic, attention seeking, etc, and I guess some might still consider me that depending on how you look at it, but I feel like I’ve improved thanks to this community and the friends I’ve met in it.

3 Likes

I forgot that my original way of farming was asking multiple people for help and giving a reward after.

1 Like