Let's try again

As my last thread about Kukouri Network images turned into a toxic cesspool, I’m doing a part 2 in a separate thread.

In-game Account tab.

5 Likes

changing name is bad always but other than that gl with the thread

2 Likes

If you wrench someone, their KNID is displayed. That one cannot be changed.

1 Like

Hm, I guess that could be a potential loophole for the nickname issue

1 Like

I also considered your KNID showing under your nickname in faint lettering above your pixelian.

If the wrench method was used, I would recommend also adding a special distinguishing symbol (like * after the nickname) to distinguish users with nicknames and users without.

1 Like

This u ?

3 Likes

really good idea. knid can also expand further as a social platform, similar to apple’s gamecenter or xbox live.

1 Like

Extremely ludicrous and horrible idea.

I think it would be a nice idea. The KNID showing under your name and when you wrench would be awesome.

1 Like

Cool idea…

UNGU9F20CHARACTERS

2 Likes

no.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t think Kukouri Network ID’s are a worthwhile addition. Not only would it require the account system to have a huge overhaul, Kukouri as a company don’t have enough services to warrant a network ID being necessary.

While it would be a nice way for them to allow players to change their nickname, it isn’t really a realistic way of allowing players to do so, as unfortunate as it is.

(Just realised that this isn’t a suggestion thread, the concept image is well done.)

1 Like

I really wouldn’t like Nickname changers because it would make your name less appealing to others in a significant way.

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Say like you had a rare name but then u change it then man’s pride gonna vanish u get me? becuz other ppl gonna take it then or they could use that changer to impersonate others.

In my opinion this is a bad idea for 2 reasons:

1. the devs would have to spend alot of hours working on it and probably they’ll need more servers that they have to pay for
  2. account hacking or stealing, which is almost impossible to do now, will become very common and easy (it may sound crazy but thats how it is for games with their own ID system like Supercell games or Call of Duty Mobile and many more)
1 Like

Oh, I get you, yeah. Impersonation would definitely be an issue that would have to be dealt with, but then again if people fell for impersonators without checking their hypothetical ‘Kukouri Network ID’ first, then they were probably susceptible to being scammed, to begin with.

1 Like

True Lol

1. These are concept images. Jake has literally denied the suggestion himself.
  2. Roblox already has a similar system - you set your nickname, which has to be unique and cannot be changed without paying 1000R$ ($10), then there’s display names which you can change how many times you want to whatever you want. The playerlist only displays your display name, however clicking on a player reveals their username.
    2.1 Steam also has a similar system with your Login and username. Your Login is permanent, cannot be changed, and is only used to login to your account. Your username is the one actually used for your account and is freely changeable.

EDIT: I re-read your post and it seems that you are for the change instead of against. Still, these points stand.

1 Like

After I posted that I realised that they were just concept images, rather than something you were actually suggesting. The system itself would function well, I just don’t feel that Kukouri offer enough services to warrant having network ID’s and display names as separate entities. I’m for the concept if they would be willing to invest the time though, but as you said, Jake has denied the suggestion.