Thoughts on Making World Locks Untradeable: For or Against?

This just wouldn’t work, some people(such as me) put wls in display cases because of their chonki monke ness and i wish to keep doing that, anyways its kinda weird saying giveaway 1000000 byte coins. It requires good math to calculate prices and whatnot, nono too much of a bother to add.

What is your clan

epic_pwr

Just Leave Things As It Should Be Cause It Will Ruin Some Economy
“In Every Action There Is An Opposite Reaction”

2 Likes

Despite over 80% of the actual capable community disagreeing with this idea, (on the insta post) it wouldn’t be a stretch if they ended up doing it anyway, because their pride is stronger than the community’s opinion.
Just like when they deleted the forums without a warning, neglect the new forums and recovery of the old one, and when they kept P2P legalized.

Why change a fundamental part of PW’s economy, affecting the game’s reception by a massive margins, when it’s completely fine the way it is? This doesn’t even solve anything related to scams.

As strayplayer said, in every action there is an opposite reaction.

1 Like

I would be for making world locks untradeable, as the centralization would reduce scams greatly and be a more robust economy on the whole.

World locks were never intended to be the main currency of the game as it were, that was a tradition carried over from Growtopia. While it worked, that system has its flaws such as the potential for scamming which we have unfortunately seen numerous times over the years. Bytes are a better system fundamentally because they cannot be dropped or accidentally trashed, and are usable on an equitable global marketplace (being the PWE). Not only that, but unlike with world locks, you can check the average price of an item based on factual data without relying on hearsay. Now that bytes exist and world locks can be converted to them, making bytes the only currency would be beneficial. It wouldn’t be a loss since one can convert their world locks to them, and world locks would be untradeable and only used for the sake of locking worlds.

Some may argue the economy will be “ruined”, but it certainly won’t. It will take some getting used to, and it helps that bytes have been around for some time already. Sure, there will be higher numbers and whatnot, but players will get used to it and the average pricing chart will be more useful than ever. Plenty of other games like World of Warcraft with a similar system to the Pixel Worlds exchange are just like that. People may be wondering about a fair rate of exchange for their world locks to convert into bytes. The developers can set the exchange rate to whatever is fit for the economy at the time of implementation. No one will lose anything in this exchange.

All things considered, making world locks untradeable and bytes as the only currency creates benefits that far exceed any drawbacks. Change can be difficult, and some people are hesitant to adopt it, but bytes are for the best of the game to ensure structural equality, less scams, and many other advantages. That’s my opinion.

1 Like

Making world locks untradeable doesn’t change anything with scams.
It’s almost always the items that get scammed, not the world locks. The community is full of children who can’t calculate or count properly. Making an economy based around pennies instead of dollar bills would just make it harder for said kids to calculate.

This “change” should have been made when the game was new, not this late into the game. why make a change when it was perfectly fine the way it was before? It’s not like they’re going to keep building upon bytes to make it a more comfortable currency to use.

Wait, if world locks are untradeable but can be used to lock worlds, then how do you trade worlds?

I would say it’s quite the contrary. World locks are among the most scammed items in drop games, and you sure cannot drop bytes. Yes, the community has children, but the average price chart is there to help and they can learn eventually as well as it isn’t anything too complex.

Things are not “perfectly fine” for reasons I had previously stated. It doesn’t matter how “late into the game” it is when this would be for the greater good and most beneficial in the long run. They most certainly would keep building upon and optimizing bytes if the change were to occur.

1 Like

The same as always except it can only be used to trade worlds they are being locked with.

They’re known to never build onto old features. Deep nether was a flop that got boring in a day. There’s plenty of other examples other than a few gems that are overshadowed by reused assets and reruns.

Making world locks undroppable doesn’t solve every problem. What they should be doing is not beating around the bush, and getting an actual active mod team who can properly enforce the rules so people know not to play these dropgames. If they did that as well as advertised the rules more, and re-did the tutorial to support how important it is to not do these things, nobody would need to worry about who drops what to begin with — because it’s against the rules to do it so it’s completely their fault if they ignore the rules and decide to relinquish their world locks. Technically, dropgames aren’t even a scam, because the moment you drop an item in someone else’s world, it’s no longer yours. All it does is make it more difficult for the people who actually do want to drop their world locks or store them.

1 Like

You cannot rely on assumptions as you usually do. If bytes were the only currency of the game, of course they would build upon a core feature like that.

Making world locks untradeable doesn’t solve every problem, but it certainly solves much more problems than it could cause. Getting more active moderators is all fine and well, but prevention is always better than the cure. Of course more active moderators are always in consideration, but solving problems at their roots instead of temporarily plucking at them is best.

I cannot even begin to comprehend your logic that drop games are “not scams”. They most certainly and explicitly are, or else they would not be against the rules and a bannable offense. Sure, it is the fault of anyone who dropped their items that they were scammed, but that’s a partial fault and also the fault of whoever scammed them. If we solve the problem, the scam happens less and I fail to see how that’s negative in any way. Storing world locks while untradeable would not be difficult at all when we have the bank bot for that. It does cost gems for more than a few slots, but if someone has enough platinum locks to fill a few slots or even one, they certainly have enough to buy more bank bot space.

I know change can be difficult, but they are worth it when the good far outweighs any drawbacks.

1 Like

The ones that organise the drop games ARE the children (age 8-10),they scam other children on the same age

Ps: i just typed something wrong… I think

An assumption “as I usually do”? it’s literally a pattern that I have been used to for around 4 years. Not only have I played longer than you, I also have more experience playing this game than you. Same goes for @Virtuous and @anon28027316.
Our game quite literally has more history of leaving old features behind than building on them, so what merit does your statement hold to support they would do the latter? Do you see some sudden change that makes you so unrealistically optimistic for this needless change, despite the fact that that many recent updates were disappointments considering the size of this team? Since you think you know your devs so well, and are so confident in them listening to our feedback, and that we play the game and not them, then where’s our communication? Where’s our roadmap of what they do and how they will change things instead of throwing us into random situations without any prior warnings like they always do?

Making world locks untradeable does not solve problems at their roots. Making an actual effort to eradicate dropgames, quite literally the method I said would be solving it at the roots. If this was their reason to making world locks untradeable, they could easily put their resources into more effective ways than this. I’m surprised that someone like you who has always aspired to be a moderator, who reports dropgames all the time, and talked about how someone needs to clear the corrupt streets of PW, doesn’t support the better method, and doesn’t realize how rarely world locks are dropped in dropgames? It’s almost always the items that get dropped, not to mention the fact that most new players are so gullible to get scammed don’t even have the knowledge to acquire world locks to begin with.

As I said before, the moment you drop an item, it’s no longer yours. You should be fully aware of this when you decide to drop an item. The reason it’s illegal is because it’s become such an easy way for scammers to make quick profit off of the children who don’t understand how dropgames work. It’s become such a massively popular way that makes people give the game negative reception, less potential money, bad reviews, and legal problems, that if they didn’t make it illegal then people would question the developers.

It’s only a scam when there’s deception involved, and half the dropgames don’t even go into detail about what the rules are for their “game”, because most of the victims know full well what they’re going into, yet they still choose to do it.
Not only will this solve almost nothing, this could very well lead to new scams due to miscalculations and mispricing, and unlike dropgames who’s victims tend to be kids who don’t know better, miscalculations happens with experienced players as well.
It’

P.S. Many P2P worlds are scams, yet that isn’t illegal.

1 Like

Damn you guys have so much free time.

5 Likes

if i remember correctly the main goal of making wls untradeable is to get rid of two confusing currency…

Of COURSE all the Moderators voted “yes”… Stop being biased and have your own opinions.

I think the poll should’ve just revealed the results after being locked.

So me having my own opinion is now me being biased and not having an opinion of my own?

I want world locks to be untradeable, have for few years now.

2 Likes

As I have already said, not only will it render platinum locks completely useless, but it will also make clan reward programs such as the one in my clan more complicated.

Also, they will forever take up a space in inventories unless you spend 10k gems for the bank bot.

Sorry for this kind of behavior but mods are most likely to be biased, as, well, the admins made them mods and the admins are the ones who proposed this change.

Plus, you will still be able to trade WLs by placing a WL in a world, then transferring owner rights to someone else, then they’ll be able to break it and boom, it’s in their inventory now.

They will be an item purely for the looks.

Bytecoins exist, the bytecoins will simply just be traded to your account manually. Also normal items can be used as well.

10k gems is not much, though I do agree it’s a bit too much for 5 slots, but that doesn’t make 10k gems a lot.

Just because we’re mods and agree with admins, does not mean we’re biased to the opinions of the admins.

Correct, and the devs are aware of this.