Thoughts on Making World Locks Untradeable: For or Against?

Today Pixel Worlds posted this idea on their instagram: @ PixelWorldsGame

I shared my thoughts on my instagram @ TheGovernor_PW, which I’ll post down below, but I figured this would be a good spot for people to discuss the topic.

Please be respectful of everyone’s opinions.

Should World Locks Become Untradeable?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Why I’m against making world locks non-tradeable:

PW wishes to centralize the economy down to one form of currency, but I personally like having multiple forms of currency in the game. I personally only like to use bytes to buy small things like booster props or stuff that’s hard to find sellers for; basically anything I don’t want to spend wls on. World Locks are a very stable form of currency (unlike bytes/1wl) and are great for buying expensive items.

World Lock value in relation to item prices is balanced in that only the item’s value is rising or dropping. If bytes, which constantly change value, If bytes, which constantly change value, become the new form of currency then it will be much more confusing to price items with a consistently changing dollar value. I’ve also never personally seen someone buy/sell a world (especially with a rare name) for bytes. In addition, I tend to see people running out of bytes faster than world locks, which makes me worry about rapid inflation and deflation of value. Furthermore, how do you account for all the wls and pls players have dropped in worlds and stored in safes? If they’re made untradeable what happens to the game when those worlds decay or want to get traded, are we going to get bugs?

Suggestions for boosting bytes in PW’s economy:

Since a lot of people seem to like this idea, or at least show interest in it, I’d like to make some suggestions. Instead of completely phasing out of wls in one update, perhaps the developers should expand how bytes are used over time. A gradual shift from wls to bytes would keep the economy much more stable than an overnight shift. Even announcing that “Update Announced: We’re getting rid of wls 100% for sure” is going to cause some panic and uncertainty in the market, and people who don’t fully understand what’s happening may make poor marketing decisions based on misinformation.

I think there’s nothing wrong with emphasizing bytes as a more main currency in PW’s economy, but I personally do not wish to see things centralized into one currency.

This has been my personal opinion, and I’m interested in seeing how the developers move forward.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Ok your not welcome don’t play pw if your illegally doing it

2 Likes

Also for the thread, I’m in the center of yes and no because firstly, I can accept that world locks should be untradable but unfortunately I’ve thinked if it gets untradable then item values will drop.

We can’t trade an item for 9,9999,9999,9999 bc.

POV: I accept that world locks becomes untradable yet the economy will get ruined by it so no.

In my opinion…I support bytes being the main currency in-game. However, the devs of PW should’ve made this change a long time ago. Doing it before could’ve been fine and all, but doing it NOW is a very bad idea and will result in PW losing a lot of players.

Even the game’s mechanics rely on world locks too - an example of this is quest prizes and daily bonus. So there’s really no point in that as well.

In my opinion…your idea (

) is a great one. Bytes should INDEED be used in more situations. Pixel Worlds isn’t Growtopia. But, whether we all like it or not, world locks are here to stay.

1 Like

Ah yes I’ve made these points on my instagram post —
Not to mention the taxes.
Even putting all the other undeniable issues aside, they would need to add more uses for bytes other than PWE, to outweigh the uses of world locks, so that they could actually feel like a “main” currency.

byte price really cant rise because vendor price is 219/1 wich keeps it stable, and i don’t see any option why it would drop.

you literally cant sell world for bytes nowdays, because most of community don’t want to move bytes because… i don’t know i don’t get to any point why it shouldnt happen.

you can run out of world locks same fast.

Dev answered to this in reply below.

i agree with that, there should be some sort of test event to see this whole thing working, maybe not announce it, just see how people react.

i don’t get, its easier to trade things in one currency since most of the items prices in pwe will be accurate, and having multiple currencies in game is really confusing for the new players.

why world locks, why shouldve we trade things for world locks, we don’t even have to lock such a lot worlds, it is literally just stolen idea from growtopia…

You could still access the storages and pick up “floating” World Locks. I guess some players might start referring to those as “glitched locks” or whatever, but since you can’t drop or store them anymore, the amount of locks like this will decrease inevitably over time.

There would still be a limited way to trade locks: The lock would switch owners when trading a world. I guess you can technically do something like make 20 worlds, lock then with PLs and trade the worlds. Now you’ve traded 20PL. This is a weird exception in the untradeable logic, but that’s the idea. Needless to say, but trading like this is obviously tedious and unsafe.

3 Likes

Wait, so are world locks actually going to be untradeable? The way this is written suggests that they are…

i actually hope this is going to happen, but eh, there are still alot people against it, who cant realize how much game would become better by making this change…

World Lc tastes bad.

Developer be like: Instead of fixing something lets just shut it down.
I dont really like that solution, just fix it, new scam/hack probably happend anyway with byte system, scam is always gonna happend no matter what.

uhmmm ghost hacks and world trade bugs are not connected with world locks, tell me what did you meant by sayng “fixing”?

It would be really hard to implement and will take a lot of getting used to, but i like the idea
No opinion on the scam prevention, i just want byte coins to be the main currency.

I remember making a big thread on this suggestion on the other forum and getting a lot of backlash. I still agree with it. World Locks were never supposed to be a currency, it was just a habit from playing GT but also we used them as a currency because there wasn’t any other form. Realistically changing the currency now is not a bad idea. We will no longer have to cancel trades to convert WLs or go to another world to pick them up. Economy will change a bit as people won’t base their price on WLs as in “This item costs 1 WL so it must be 300 Bytes”.

People might be a bit unhappy, but after a while they will get used to it and just get on with playing the game like they did before.

One thing I would add though, is it they do change the currency, that they remove the tax. This would make people happy enough with the change I think and accept the change.

1 Like

I still don’t like the idea of “untradable = has to always take up a spot in your inventory”. My clan has a reward program with world locks, where once per a while, a WL gets placed in your personal clan safe.

You CANNOT store bytecoins in a safe, so bytecoins aren’t an option here. And I don’t think that just putting rewards “worth 1WL” is going to do it.

And while bank bot CAN store untradeables, it costs 10000 gems per 5 slots, which I find highly overpriced, especially for the first 5 slots.

That renders untradeables highly annoying, as they do take up inventory slots and you literally cannot free up the space without wiping the item from existence, or purchasing the BB.

And with the reward program, yes I know that we can trade, but the “putting in safe” method is more efficient as you can claim your prize even when you are offline.

Who flags a joke :grimacing:……

2 Likes

Opinions seem relatively split with the NOs holding a slight lead. I hope more people vote though, would be nice if we can get to 100 votes for a more accurate result.

nearly all the active forumers thats a big ask