Thoughts on Making World Locks Untradeable: For or Against?

That however requires everyone in the clan to be online.

The current program has it so the owner just places a WL in every personal safe in the clan, for you to claim when you get back online.
You cannot do that with bytecoins, and as the owner is rarely online when I am, it will make reward giving basically impossible.

I agree it’s a fine system, but a clan does not NEED such system.

Let’s take a look at Clash. This clan has been there since the beginning of clans, yet it never had any system like that, therefore showing that a successful clan does not need an item reward system.

Instead of items being given away, Clash gives its members access to different kinds of rewards, e.g. a private fishing world, wishing well farm, an automatic farm as well I believe, all of the different useful props, different clan member exclusive events where we play different games and hang out.

2 Likes

Here is my pros and cons list of world locks and bytes

Bytes pros, can buy cheap items worth 20 byte

1.When an item is 1.5 wls you can buy it for the right price instead of choosing 1 or 2 wls example is sprite wings

2.It’s easy to get the price of an item

3.The ordering system

4.Easier to buy and sell stuff

1. Slightly harder to get scammed

World lock pros, easier to calculate prices

1.looks better

1. You can hold it in your inventory drop it and place it

2. You can convert to a plat lock to make expensive trades

Byte cons. hard to calculate

1. Price manipulation

2. They recently enforced heavier taxes

World locks cons. They are meant to lock worlds they are not simply a currency

1.easier to get scammed with.

This is an unfinished list I can’t think of anymore for now
Reply some more

Well, again, CLASH is a clan for Moderators, Admins and very famous people, so that’s why there are no rewards. These people don’t need rewards as they have already tons of stuff themselves.

This is not correct. Clash (and harmony) is for any player who fits the clan requirements.

1 Like

And what are the requirements?

Ghustie you simply cannot deny that nearly all people in clash are quite famous

There’s no actual gem/xp/level requirements, all you need is to be active and a positive member.

I’m aware that there’s bunch of well known players in Clash, which is why people look at Clash such way in the first place, but Clash is for as I mentioned above, for active and positive members of the community.

“Positive member” == ?
If I got banned 2 times (5d and 5h), can I not enter?

Lock world -> Trade world to friend -> Friend break world lock -> A succesful world lock trade has been made

No toxicity, so friendly, kind, etc.

Depends what the bans were for I guess.

Scamming & Offensive Language.

Both were quite a while ago, though.

Like 90% of them are PW veterans, many of which who are tryhards, but they still have a hivemind mindset
due to the veteran thing, getting my clan to level 8 was definitely way harder than it will take for them to get to level 10.

I recruited manually by searching individual worlds, making all the rules by myself and without no promotions and no help. They basically established theirs before it even came out.

Also yeah a moderator is bound to vote yes because they wouldn’t dare disagree with developers at risk of demotion.

2 Likes

If they are tryhards I don’t see how they aren’t level 10 yet…

I think as an idea making bytes the main currency would be beneficial in the long term [if the byte coin price will stay consistent] , however i do believe that such change will make a huge amount of players quit the game just from this reason alone.

2 Likes

They pride on their freedom to accumulate xp when they want instead of having requirements.

Yeah, they need to do it right, which means having proper communication and actually ADDRESSING the issues and how they’ll fix them, BEFORE the change, WEEKS PRIOR, something the devs never do

1 Like

The main reason why devs want to do this is to make game less-confusing for new players.
i agree that it may not reduce scams in game, making locks untradeable is not main issue, The biggest issues currently are: Tutorial, inactive moderators, im not saying they could become more active, we just need more from different timezones, and old updates improvement.
these are 3 main issues.

1 Like

i don’t get it though. they’re making world locks untradeable to stop people from using it as a currency but what is stopping people from using other items as a currency? e.g instead of world locks, it’s entrance portals, which are of similar gem price to world locks. sure, it doesn’t compress, but i’d say it’s pretty stable in price in comparison to byte coins.

i like the choice of using both world locks AND bytes. isn’t this what people like about sandbox games; the choice to do what they want?

2 Likes

I never heard the “what’s preventing” point, good one :+1:

2 Likes