Do polls on here actually matter?

GMs stay in the chat even after players are banned.

Also, mobs already drop items, it can’t be that hard to add new things to their pool, and a crafting method of some sort. It’s all basically reused assets.

Those “bigger fish to fry” is something none of us see. No mention on the hackers, what you’re doing to stop them, and your progress, no mention on the moderator team and when that will improve, and the bug fixes, what current bugs we have and what has been fixed, the prevention of scams and toxicity, and so on, none of which was properly addressed…
Those are the bigger fish, not a card update.

Ok let’s explore this:
Yes it’s easy to make them drop stuff.
What do you craft from them? With what do you craft them?

such as card update? no one really asked for that… these are things that people have actually asked for. i think that this is a prime example of the lack of communication between community and developers because this is the first time you’ve given us “reasons” for not giving us these updates.

This has been asked quite a lot hasn’t it?

I made a thread like this on the old forums, that’d encourage players to farm blocks, like block themed items dropping from blocks, like a spikebomb flail, BBB necklace, or BBB armor, and so on

But in this case the nether, possible something like Robe scraps that can be used to make a nether robe, or some nether dust from abyss walkers to make a pair of abyss lenses, or maybe some flyer slime that can be used to make some slime jumping shoes. Or heck, even a sword hilt that’s used to make a nether fishing rod. (Using other features that complement other features)

These are just examples but little things like that make the game fresh

i’ve heard of dungeons being highly requested but not those.

@Jake If you DO want the whole community to participate, what about adding in-game polls?

Nintendo already done polls on the Wii via Everybody Votes.

What about a poll system where you can vote on stuff and make your opinion matter? It would be incorporated in the game itself, so no “only veterans”. It would be a majority of the community.

asked about mini games

We meant minigames as in the minigames you do see in Mario Party. Fun, little games to play, such as sorting stuff or pressing a button at the correct time.

3 Likes

I think that a poll centre in PIXELSTATION would be a great idea.

2 Likes

I think adding that feature will be a great idea!

But where do you craft those? We don’t have a “crafting” feature in the game. It does not fit into the existing features we already have so we have to either create a new feature to allow players to craft items like in minecraft or we create a new npc.
Ok so New NPC → where do you get it from? it also needs animations and name and text, store images, prices etc. Then the items themself need animations and lets say it’s an armor. It take a day or two just to create all the sprites and animations needed for one breastplate armor.
Ok so now it has taken about 1 week of time from one of our graphical designer. Endless? Do we need a second item? Another 1-4 days depending on the item. So now we have 3 items and an NPC and it took about 2 weeks from one of our graphical designer and 1-2 days from our programmer.

My point here is that we have to think about this. Is 3 new items that in total are a very small portion of the game and have also 0 impact on the game play worth all that effort?

I also wanted to mention how you suddenly came to the decision of making world locks untradeable -

That was bad execution. It threw everyone into a huge panic after asking the question on insta it should have been announced in game that you’d address how you’d fix all the issues that’d come from this, before making the announcement.
Nothing you need to reply to, just a little note.

We have been planning to make the WLs untradeable for years actually

Old forums too. Very bad execution just randomly shutting it down and shoving everyone in the dark for months before saying the forums is going to be remade.

2 Likes

I have said many many times that Dungeons need love. I would love to have those 100%. :smiley:

Okay, but to let MORE players know that don’t necessarily follow your Instagram or watch streams, there should be at least use for the News tab in-game. All it really does to remind you is patch notes and a reminder that the Discord exists.

News should be a feature where developers post new stuff, such as making WLs untradable.

And there would be sometimes polls in the news posts.

100% agree with this. At the current time unfortunately this is not really possible. Maybe in the future.

We do have crafting feature, just with singular items instead of multiple drops.

Have you forgotten about the old altar and demon altar? Those are considered crafting.
We don’t need a new NPC.

If it takes that long for one artist developer to add an item, you should really get volunteer artists to make items as well. You have plenty of talented people like Editson, Blackwight and many others who basically stuff hundreds of unique items and animations down your throats.

They don’t know how to implement it? Show them exactly what size the images have to be, how the animations should be and how to make it so they fit well with the other items, volunteer work will literally make everything 2x easier. If you want to say “it’s easier said than done” then you could tell us how we can do it, instead of giving up.

2 Likes

I could maybe do something there related to the WLs though. Maybe when the new video releases I could add a picture and a link to the video where I explain it.

Also it’s quite prevalent how this point has been made many many times but never been addressed
(I even made 2 threads about it)

Old altar and Demon altar are almost too crowded already at this point because of the way they were originally made. So yeah maybe we could use those for 2-5 new items but if there is more then we need a new solution.

Sounds simple but for a company to do this in Finland is not as simple as it sounds actually. At this point only for that reason this is not a possibility. Also they only make the main sprite. Never the animations. The animations for the items are the thing that takes the time. it takes about an hour for Endless to draw a new item or even less. It takes days to animate it.