Objective Thoughts about the current state of the game

Hello there in this post I’ll be giving my objective thoughts about the current game state and what the developers could change to make it better. Also I’ll be giving facts about what the developers were doing wrong in the past months and years to maybe give them an idea of what they could do better in the next years.It might be a little longer, but nonetheless I recommend reading all of it because you can share your thoughts in the comments right after :slight_smile: Let’s begin.

First I’ll be starting with what the Developers did wrong in the past year 2020 which I myself played daily and gained different opinions from other players aswell.Those are not just my friends but also alot of people I’ve met over that time some left the game others got banned and even others still play actively and influenced the game in a positive way. So starting off with summer 2020 the update was actually good, new items, a new booster, a cool questline and the usual summer events as always. But here’s the problem with it. Most players just play the first one or two weeks of it then they just turn off the game again until the next update and basically quit. The main goal of the developers should be to get active players for a long amount of time and not just a small amount of time. That’s also the problem with halloween but I’ll get back to that later. Anyways after the summer we got the mining update which was actually one of the best updates we ever got in the game but there’s also problems with that one. When it first came out it was super profitable and it also somewhat crashed the fishing prices because mining was basically fishing in 5 times better. More gems,faster profit,more fun,no boredom. The developers didn’t think what would happen to the other ways of gaining gems if they bring us such an overpowered way of grinding into the game. It might be good to everyone but not to the game’s state. They forget old features and dont update them again. They bring an update out and then its abandoned if the new update comes out. I’ll also mention this alot in following sentences. Anyways after a good update we got halloween 2020. This halloween was crazy we got super cool items that were special to everyone. Big wings-animated ones a super cool bundle item ghost wings overall alot new items that were cool but no actual new content other than the items…No new small weekly event like for example summer has with the flowers. Nothing literally nothing new other than the items. This makes me think what the developers are working on with 10 people… After halloween ended we got mining v2, a mining shop and the mining wheel to get a wyvern every 3 months which basically just changes the color and some sprites. Triple jump might sound like a big thing but is afterall just 1 extra jump. All we got were again,some new items no really big change to the game no events that are interesting and game changing. Some weeks later we get jetrace. Honestly one of the worst updates we’ve ever gotten in pixelworlds history. The general idea of it is good and fun but It’s nothing really that fits into the actual game. The game right now (you can ask alot of people) is about either profiting, hanging out with your friends and waiting for a new update. That’s it. The only factors that jetrace fills are basically a new update and hanging out with your friends which got boring after 2 weeks because its always the same and it’s not getting any updates to the modules for example so it’s boring after just a few weeks and again abandoned from the developers. All changes we’ve seen to it were just in the prize box and the mount shop which was a cool questline for the community jet which was actually fun but only lasting for a week. Anyways in the xmas and new year update we just got the calendar,booster and bundle items. Here the bundle items are an interesting thing. A Santa slad cost 20$ which is alot of money and I’ve seen alot of people owning one. What did the company do with that money. You might’ve heard already but they used it to make ADs for the game. Is that a good or a bad thing? First of all it’s a good thing that they want to get new players,its good for the game and good for the company. But does it make the old players happier or help them in any way. Not really right? The money you’ve spent for a jet to support the game company basically used to get new players and not getting you a better game experience. Think what you’d like to think about that but to me that’s honestly sad.Mentionable is also that the bundle item was a mount, right after the jetrace update which also takes away the grind of getting yourself a jet and brings up the abandoned fact again. They just forgot about the jetrace update… After those updates we just got the usual events as every year not a new update like clans in early 2020. We had to wait until the new summer in 2021. We got a couple cool event items until then also some reused content like the bunnyrai set which was basically a rip-off the shogun set but whatever. Summer 2021 was about to come and we still didnt get the card update. Once we got it we had to wait about 2 months to get the tournaments which are unbalanced in prices with additional op cards and a rng based card game. Spending half a year for a update basically nobody uses in worlds other than a “nice to have feature”. Yea sure I agree that people still use it,but that’s probably because they spend their gems on it. This leads me to the byte coin change that also happened. To make this quick, the developers made a instagram post if they should make world locks untradeable and bytes the main currency. Alot of people disagreed under the post with actual good arguments. Well yea cool you could’ve thought they actually listen to critic.Nope, the developers still executed the change and done. No cooperation with the community, no listening to them nothing we could’ve done about it they just didnt care.After a summary of the last year i’ll get to basic problems we have with the current actions of the developers.

To not make this too long I’ll make it short but simple to understand with valid facts that everybody should know about.
First of all the Developers don’t listen to the community, this is a really bad thing. Alot of games implement their community alot into the game to make it a good and fun place for everyone. In pixelworlds that’s a different thing. We only get told about stuff they do but nothing big to decide ourselves. The most suggestions and creations don’t get a mention or a implementation into the game. For example the zombie update idea from coffieplays, alot of people really liked that idea and wanted that on halloween. I haven’t seen the devs mentioning anything about it no honor no appreciate, nothing. That’s really sad to me, developers should at least listen to their community more or less. Afterall we are the people who play this not them.
Second is the support. Players don’t get helped in most cases which are scams. Yes of course those are mentioned in the automatic reply that we don’t get our items back but is that really fair? Shouldn’t they return scammed items at some point of value? I understand the developers can’t give back every 250 byte coins that got scammed but they should at least give back big amount of losses. Those are hard worked values which might’ve taken years to grind and hours of playtime. Every human does mistakes once and they shouldn’t get punished that harsh. You can repeat as many times as you want that we shouldnt trust anyone and stuff but it will still happen unless you remove
the feature of giving your items to anyone. The support mail should get a rework according to the scam section. It doesn’t seem fair to anyone. Scammers can just get away with a ban after 5 minutes while the scammer person sits there with a loss of big time just cause of 1 simple mistake of trusting someone. That is not fair at all. Agree or not you get the point. Alot of time and 1 mistake aren’t in relation at all. And if theres possibilities which there are alot
. They should be used to help the person out.

What could the developers do better in the future?
I would start with working together with the community. We have alot of talented people in our community such as tomas edison,coffieplays,sweetheart,sieggy and everybody else that joins the contests to make the game a better place.Those all shouldn’t be ignored. They should be one of the first things the developers think about when making a new update.
Next up the developers should change up their scam support mail. As previously mentioned it’s outdated,not fair and also just a benefit for the scammers hurting the scammed person with a big loss of time while just getting away with a ban they wont even care of cause they make a new account to ruin more people’s experience. It’s just a little work to give the items back and done.This shouldn’t happen with every scam but after a amount of bytes they should consider doing so like for example 500k because after that it starts being big amounts you grind months on.
Another thing the developers could work on is not forgetting the old updates they made. Nether could get new modules,buffs,more features. Fishing could get new events to catch a type of fish with all lures like for example crab with all lures for a few days. That would make it more interesting and maybe not forgotten to the community. Give us new modules in jetrace, tournaments in clans, the list is long… I know the developers cant do it all at once but if they let us vote what we want next we might like it abit more even.

The last point I’ll mention is the mods we’re getting. I know this is developers decisions and i dont judge anyone for it but instead of more europe mods dont you think we should be getting a polish,turkish and more american mods. Mods that can speak languages that are spoken alot in the community are really helpful to make the community a better place in different countries. Alot of mods we have right now cant speak turk or russian and also polish. We really need mods for those language the community of people who speak those languages keep growing, if no mod can speak those we might get a problem in the near future with rising scam rates and so on. Think about that please if you see this.

Now I’ll ask all of you to give YOUR thoughts about the current state. What do you think should the developers do? What can WE do to make this a better game. Feel free to share anything you want under this thread.It’s function is to get thoughts of everyone. If i get more time I’ll edit it and add more points in the future or might even make another thread of this. Hope you enjoyed and have a nice day ^^

9 Likes

tl,dr my eyes hurt :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

4 Likes

All of this is true. The developers do not listen to the community. The community is what is playing the game so they should take their advice so they can play again. Also another thing is that the developer prioritize new features that die in a few weeks instead of the ones that keep it alive. Like for example, the best set, pets, jetrace, and the card update tournaments flopped for most people. These are just extra stuff that people lose interest instantly. I know there are players that like the card tournament, but we should have a feature that is exclusive to EVERYONE. The nether vendor just got an update recently, the new item, but that is not enough to bring nether alive again. The devs are just adding stuff that are slowly killing the game. They should put their time on the ones that everyone loves, like nether back in the days.

And here is a bunch of features that could potentially improve the game:
Side-Activities during events
Level Requirement to vote for best set
Seasonal/Event Gemstones
An extension to the Jetrace Update

3 Likes

You also forgot to mention the Best Set update after Jetrace. If we exclude the seasonal updates (Summer, Halloween, etc), we have 3 “failed” updates in a row. This includes Jetrace, Best Set and Card Games. As you’ve stated, they spent more than half a year to develop the card game. While of course, it’s alright if it’s fun, but the current meta is just full of discards. Let’s not forget about how bad the rewards are per league. Heck, they’re literally the same for 3 leagues in a row.

Knowing that Jake “lied” to us about adding more cards into the game, I have a big doubt they’re ever going to increase the prizes.

Now, Best Set. Boi where do I start with this? On paper, it may not sound that bad, but in reality, it’s just weird. Just look at the recent winners in PIXELSTATION. Too lazy? Here, I’ve got a list of them.

You see what’s common among them? It’s either Ifrit Wings, or wings that look yellow. It’s just ruined by rich people who can actually attract subjects. Then again, isn’t that the attraction of the feature after all? I’ve seen much more creative sets than this, but those subjects just won’t stop coming. We’ve had suggestions of increasing the level requirement to prevent alt spams, but the devs did not listen, as usual.

Also, has anyone even won this before? From everyone I met, not a single one has won the 10.000 gem prize for voting AT ALL.

Jetrace has been explained pretty much by Snorlax. Bad reward, too grindy. You get the idea. At least it helped in world building and farming doe.

Y’know what I noticed? Any features that has the word “Tournament” in it are usually bad. Either it be fishing, card, best set. No exceptions. Fishing tournaments, as we know are ruined by alts. The same could be said to Best Set if someone goes tryhard enough. Card game’s just gonna have the same winners. Either it be GeraIt, Lysda, Fonders, Ekip, Jojoking fighting for Top 3.
Yes, they do put in effort. Then again, it discourages people to join when the winners are constantly the same, am I right?

5 Likes

Well said @Snorlax @TiberiusZgo @POKERUSS !
:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t see a problem with putting a level barrier for the best set contest if there’s a level barrier for trading already

2 Likes

I’m sure you wrote an inspiring and brilliant thread, but can you sum it up in one sentence please.

3 Likes

Can’t believe this thread only has 4 likes :joy::joy::joy: You would get atleast a C grade if my English teacher was marking this!

1 Like

I would at least give the feedback a B+ for their effort, despite it being wrong or not.

2 Likes

Bro, I’m telling you man :joy: Our teacher in english makes us right a minimum of 10 pages for 1 answer :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: just for 10 marks!!!

1 Like

Damnnnn, that’s a lot of effort.

1 Like

But at the end of the day, you only get what effort you put in so our teacher is kinda hoping high expectations for us so that’s why I like her as her standards of teaching are mighty and gives us good advice! :joy: So you could say, I learn from the best. :+1:

1 Like

I agree with you. Although it seems like a lot of work, It teaches you to work hard to get what you want. I hate it when someone is valued by their talent, so that is actually giving a chance for diligent people to get higher scores.

1 Like

Exactly! Talent gets you far but hard work gets you further! And that’s why we need to keep moving forward! :grin:

1 Like

I agree with most of your statements.
but
i don’t like the idea of zombie update or anything related to it.
it just sounds like a cheapest and easiest thing to go with but they should add some twist to so it would be a little more not so plain idea.

at least they have added some new items to the game, inspired from MrCoffeeplay
example: Beehive staff, clan bot mask, space rocket thingy from contest back in january

2 Likes