Old bug/Cant warp to friends from private message

Ok this is barely talked about and it’s annoying but when a friend messages you why can’t we warp to them from the message. Will this ever be fixed

5 Likes

Seems like multiple people have this issue.

1 Like

Oops ty. I didn’t see that. I’ll delete thread right away

1 Like

I have the same issue and it’s truly annoying.

1 Like

I have this issue too.

1 Like

Has this always been around? What happens exactly when you try to warp?

2 Likes

Nothing, the button is just grey and you can’t press it

warp

3 Likes

It’s because the friend is offline. Or the friend list has not been updated yet.

4 Likes

It didn’t work, I’ve tested it with my friend

2 Likes

No, I tried it with my alt while being online and own location set to visible :thinking:

warp1 warp2

4 Likes

Did you check the friend list first or did you try to send the message first? Opening the friend list will refresh it and warping should work after that. I can’t remember if the actual chat message contains some data about it, though. Might be that only a message sent after the list has been updated will allow you to warp.

4 Likes

I opened the friend list to refresh it and then tried to warp through private message, still the same issue. (warping normally from the friends list works as it should though)

2 Likes

Just to clarify what I think is going on with some examples:

1. Player A and look at their friend list for player B who is offline.
  2. A closes the list and hang around in their world.
  3. B comes online and sends a private message to A.
  4. A tries to warp from the message but can’t: The list hasn’t been updated to B is “offline”.
  5. Friend list is finally updated for A. However, the warp isn’t still working from the message (button is grey).
  6. B sends another private message and now A can warp from that.

I think this is what happens? The fix would be to “enable” the first message as soon as the friend list got updated. Another choice would be to just ignore the grey button and warp anyway. I’m actually not sure how it works. If one message was sent from one world and a new message from another world, does the warp take the player to different worlds? Or does the player always warp to the world that the friend is currently at? This would mean that you can never warp if the other player is in a loading screen, main menu (or some special world like Netherworld).

4 Likes

I asked Ionas to pm me back (His status is always online and location on) and it didn’t work either.
But I can warp him from friend list.

3 Likes

Actually, no, I’ve experienced this for all private messages, it’s always greyed out for some reason

5 Likes

Yeah same with me cant warp from private messages but i can warp from friends mist

1 Like

Funny how I’ve had this issue for a long time but I’ve never complained cause I’ve thought it’s just me and I’d just have to deal with it. It seems several others are having the same issue but it’s just not talked about : D

And yeah. The button is always grey, even if the friend has been online and visible the whole time.

6 Likes

Thanks for the messages here guys. Yes this has been around for almost a year and a half for me. Maybe more idk. No matter what way I try I can’t warp to a message from my friend

So you guys are saying the warping never works in any situation?

In my experience yes