Why is Pixel Worlds losing players to Growtopia?

Hi, we’re sure that you see how many players we lost since June and we’d like to show reasons for it.
Growtopia is a bad game (seriously, if somebody compares these both games, Growtopia looks like Paint-version of Pixel Worlds). If Pixel Worlds came first, Growtopia wouldn’t have any chances to live. But Growtopia was a powerhouse when Pixel Worlds launched and can still offer things that Pixel Worlds can’t, that’s why we have problems:

1 Like

I agree with almost every point you brought up. We really need long term goals, we really need the devs to listen to the community more.

10 Likes

If developers are seriously burning out or gave up, then maybe it’s too late :sweat:

We hope not, but PW is in a big hole now and developers aren’t trying to dig it out

1 Like

The problem with Growtopia is that its community is starting to get “rotten”, if you know what I mean.

Aside from that, Ubisoft is able to give updates from time to time, despite sometimes being a little too much on the gacha aspect.

Despite so, they’re able to bring new items into the game, making gameplay seem fresh and all. Old features are also not abandoned, since one feature might collab with another.

PW on the other hand, abandons a feature once they’re done, and proceeds to make newer content that tends to fail. Looking at you, Jet Race & Best Set. There’s just really not much to play in PW anymore.

7 Likes

But maybe things will change. Since commander_k left the team, maybe they will start doing things correctly. But I’m not sure what exactly you want them to do. Yes, listen to the community, but they have done that for years. Should they be listening to the community all the time? What is / are the solution(s)?

The problem is kind of because they are blasting out rapid uneccessary updates instead of big juicy updates with bug fixes

It doesn’t have to be all the time, sometimes it’s better to do things your way but they tried to do everything their way and it kinda ended bad.

Untradeable world locks update should be handled differently, they kinda threw it with “it’s going to be like that, deal with it” attitude and that got many players to quit, game lost masses of players since June. If they started to do kinda “educational propaganda” about bytes, explain it in many videos in like 3 months to prepare community, then probably people would even start to want bytecoins like main currency. Now it’s much harder, because community was ignored on that.

Community always asked to take care of old updates, make them relevant again. New updates are irrelevant quickly, because they’re not what community even wants and things that made PW so good are abandoned. PvP and PvE, Growtopia doesn’t have it, so make them so good that people want to leave Growtopia again just for that. And people asked for long term goals for a very long time, Ubisoft destroyed Growtopia, but they did 1 thing right. They kept legendary quests and epic quests

Starfire made great suggestions about PvP, players are even designing items that look much better than items in game. Look at MrCoffie, Editson. Players are so good at making suggestions

Building (Jake said he wants to focus on sandbox and building again) isn’t going to help PW in this situation, they’re just going to put all this work for nothing, like in cards. Only some players are going to like building. Jake said this one time in the past, that he wants to make this game RPG-like. Stick to it, that’s going to make PW better.

3 Likes

Building just needs more blocks that can be added with every update whatsoever. But unique things like PvP and PvE are really left away. People want Nether update? Probably not gonna come out soon. Clan battles and Pvp? Clan battle lock is USELESS these days and has no purpose at all ( the world ghustie (Quqqo) built and became a wotw died exactly 1 day after it became wotw ) and people only do pvp for quests. I remember playing pvp in the world PVP with like 30-45 players now the world is almost empty

tbh it’s quite stupid if you quit literally because of new currency, if that’s only thing you care about in this game then good if you quit.

• I personally like that they made wls untradeable because i find bytes better too, because, why world locks? why would anyone want to lock that much worlds? also as you might know, prices of expensive stuff like dark pixie price went up from 30 platinum locks to 200 in 1 year which is crazy if you’d ask me. (because you can’t tax world locks in anyway)

• also now they seem to be more caring about bugs and glitches, now that jake is lead game designer:

1 Like

Grow who?

Hi!
We know it’s stupid to quit over a currency, but that wasn’t our point. Even tho most of people of forums think it’s stupid to quit like that and we personally think bytes are better too, Pixel Worlds lost many players because switch wasn’t planned too great. Many people didn’t have time to understand that bytecoins are better, they just quit to Growtopia because “they lost precious World Locks” and “they hate bytes”.
If people had 3 months to prepare and PWG made 5+ videos to explain bytecoins, probably steam charts wouldn’t show -20% of players each month and they would even start to want bytes more. They got only 2 weeks to “deal with it” and people made polls about it on forums.

We hope that these fixes do something, because still there are some blatant bugs that weren’t fixed for months :sweat:

They just have to go back and understand why people were playing Pixel Worlds and what they’re waiting for. It’s not cards, best set, bytecoin store and hangar (but if they make it differently, then maybe) :pensive:

Even tho some changes make more sense on paper, people leave because of them and don’t come back. They can “deal with it”, but this game can’t, Pixel Worlds lost massive amounts of players
40% in 2 months is close to half players lost

there isn’t that much to explain though.

These people are just stupid if they really quitted over that, honestly.

It’s more about making people “used to” this and explaining for a long time, why it’s much better. If they started to get used, this wouldn’t be a shock

Not gonna throw names on them, but what happened, happened and they all left and Pixel Worlds has problems because of it :sweat:

well, yes but you can’t make 5 videos out of one easy topic :man_shrugging:

I do agree that they should’ve given us more time so more people could’ve gotten used to it though.

according to steam charts, they didn’t lost that many players when change was made, they actually gained some more players in july and then it became to drop until it rised again in october. (world locks became untradeable in mid june)

But you can create videos about different topics and push a conversation about bytecoins here and there :smiley:

Yes, we analized that and think it was because of cards, because they were new. Also people probably wanted to see how it’s going to look to trade with bytecoins. After that, it was a massive drop

I guess jake was too busy to make these kind of videos :man_shrugging:

And it backfired, I hope that a new developer will help them, but they need to look at what’s really going to help now

Flying to planet Venus and taking a big ol’ whiff of it’s carbon dioxide and sulfuric acid filled atmosphere would be less than toxic than Growtopia’s community

3 Likes

10 Likes

Does anybody want free diamond locks i just realised i got like 10